Help! Trouble installing

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Dpkeith
Airman

Help! Trouble installing

Post by Dpkeith »

I downloaded fsx Comanche over a month ago and have been unable to install it. Says “path not found” I’ve emailed a2a twice and no response. Anyone else have issues?

DPK

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Help! Trouble installing

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the support forums,

Can you let us know the full error you are receiving and some more details on the product you purchased, was it for the FSX or a P3D version of the host simulator?

As mentioned on the contact us email form we use the forums for all support, any emails for support will be re-directed to the forums.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dpkeith
Airman

Post by Dpkeith »

I purchased the Accu-sim Comanche 250 (FSX). I will get the correct error message when I get home and let you know. Thanks for the response, thought I was SOL.

DPK

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Are you attempting to install to FSX Steam Edition? If so you will need to point the installer to your FSX folder (it won't find it by default). The path will be something like this:
[your drive letter] Programs/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/FSX

Or whatever gets you to your FSX main folder.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Dpkeith
Airman

Post by Dpkeith »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czjk9uin10543 ... 6.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6pjx577cu0fb ... 3.jpg?dl=0

Not sure if I did the photo links right but this what I’m seeing every time I click on fsx. It goes straight to install prompts, finishes but that’s it. I don’t know where it’s going or how to get it open

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

See how it just says C:\? The install isn't going to your FSX folder. Click on the Browse button and then find your FSX main folder.

My FSX install is on a different drive than C:\, but I think by default Steam puts FSX here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Check that is the correct path for your PC, and if so you should just be able to paste it in on the first pop-up screen, the one with the drive letters and folders tree.

(Note: I recommend you uninstall your current AT-6 folders first since they aren't doing anything where they are. Uninstalling will remove the T-6 from your registry and allow you to start over clean.)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Dpkeith
Airman

Post by Dpkeith »

Skycat wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 15:35 See how it just says C:\? The install isn't going to your FSX folder. Click on the Browse button and then find your FSX main folder.

My FSX install is on a different drive than C:\, but I think by default Steam puts FSX here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Check that is the correct path for your PC, and if so you should just be able to paste it in on the first pop-up screen, the one with the drive letters and folders tree.

(Note: I recommend you uninstall your current AT-6 folders first since they aren't doing anything where they are. Uninstalling will remove the T-6 from your registry and allow you to start over clean.)
I don’t believe this is steam fsx but how would I know? I’m clearly not very computer literate when it comes to installing and uninstalling. I have no idea what an at-6 folder is. I’ll attempt to find the fsx folder in another drive

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

You bought the version of the Comanche for FSX. I assume you have Microsoft FSX installed on your computer?

If not, you need FSX.

FSX is currently only sold on Steam. That is what we call the "FSX Steam Edition." Link to product: https://store.steampowered.com/app/3141 ... m_Edition/

If you installed FSX with a DVD, that is the older version of FSX. It installs to a different location on your computer than the Steam Edition. The A2A installer should have discovered the location automatically, but if not the basic procedure for directing the installer is the same as it is for FSX Steam Edition. You just have to know where the simulator is on your PC.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Also, I accidently mistyped to uninstall "T-6" instead of "Commanche" because the A2A AT-6 Texan for FSX just happened to be on my mind. (I uninstalled/reinstalled the AT-6 last night to solve a problem I had with it in FSX.)

To uninstall in Windows 10:
1. Click Windows Icon at the bottom left of your screen.
2. In the window that pops out, look for the Settings icon (a gear icon) to the far left. Click on it.
3. Click on Apps (it may be called Apps & Features).
4. Scroll down until you find the Commanche in the list. It will probably start with "A2A" in the name but it might also start with "Accu-Sim."
5. Click on that and choose Uninstall.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Dpkeith
Airman

Post by Dpkeith »

Sweet, I’ll give it a try when I get home. I appreciate your help

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Keep us updated and thanks to community member Skycat, I was able to sit back and watch that happen, Bravo Sir! 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dpkeith
Airman

Post by Dpkeith »

Got everything installed and running. Appreciate the help and direction. Are there specific settings to improve graphics?

Dpkeith
Airman

Post by Dpkeith »

What are your system specs? I know mine is enough but wondering if I need to invest a little more for upgrades

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Current build:
i7-9700K processor
32 GB RAM,
RTX 2080 Ti GPU
Windows 10 Home
Reverb G2 WMR headset.

Previous build (VR capable with FlyInside)
i7-4790
16 GB RAM
GTX 970 Ti GPU
Windows 10 Home
Oculus Rift S VR headset.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”