Version of a 430 for the Comanche

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
William Hughes
Senior Airman

Version of a 430 for the Comanche

Post by William Hughes »

Hello, I am looking to add a Garmin 430 to my Comanche and I was hoping to use it in FSX to get familiar. During my IPC this spring I had to demonstrate an approach using a 430 and although I passed, it was a squeaker due to the button twiddling that I was, frankly, incompetent at. I notice there are a few third-party units available but does the board have any recommendations? How hard is it to get recent approach data into them?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Version of a 430 for the Comanche

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello William,

you'll be looking at either the Flight 1 or the old RXP for the FDSX Platform. You can see in the aircraft configurator under your start menu which ones you can place into the cockpit with relative ease. Ill let the community advise better on which might be best, but its worth noting the more recent options are all for the P3D Platform and often do require a little tinkering to to add into the aircraft on the user side.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

I use the Flight1 GTN750 on both Comanche and Bonanza, so I can't speak about the 430. The GTN is maybe not essential, but it makes life a lot easier...

William Hughes
Senior Airman

Post by William Hughes »

I ended up installing the Reality XP. I wanted a unit that match the one installed in the simulator I use for the IPC checkrides. Plus, I am having a GPS 175 installed in CF-NZB anyway so I am back to puttering around with the simulator for a while.

http://clrdct.blogspot.com/2020/11/firs ... s-430.html

I put together a quick post on how the first flight went. It was actually very easy to install and set up.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

RXP is great. The actual Garmin trainers are their code engine. Brilliant. Wish they added WX though. Would be complete then.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”