Simulate Aux Wing Fuel Tanks

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
skyhawkii
Airman

Simulate Aux Wing Fuel Tanks

Post by skyhawkii »

I know it's kind of a cheat, but does someone know a trick how to use the tip tanks without visually showing them on the plane? I like the look of the comanche without tip tanks and would like to simulate internal aux tanks instead if the tip tanks.

Hopefully you're not going to throw stone at me for this question ;-)
Michael

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Simulate Aux Wing Fuel Tanks

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hi Michael,

Good question but we don't simulate these aux tanks in the wing. The Comanche 400 has both aux tanks in the wing and tip tanks and if we ever make the 400 we will certainly simulate this. But for the 250, it's not in the cards.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:01 Hi Michael,

Good question but we don't simulate these aux tanks in the wing. The Comanche 400 has both aux tanks in the wing and tip tanks and WHEN we make the 400 we will certainly simulate this. But for the 250, it's not in the cards.

Scott
Fixed that for you, Scott. Interesting to hear that the 400 has aux tanks as well. Does it gobble a lot of fuel?
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Medtner wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:05 Interesting to hear that the 400 has aux tanks as well. Does it gobble a lot of fuel?
It can, but doesn't have too. It can run comfortably at 1800 RPM.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:20
Medtner wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:05 Interesting to hear that the 400 has aux tanks as well. Does it gobble a lot of fuel?
It can, but doesn't have too. It can run comfortably at 1800 RPM.

Scott
I bet the sound is at its best around that range...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

skyhawkii
Airman

Post by skyhawkii »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:01 Hi Michael,

Good question but we don't simulate these aux tanks in the wing. The Comanche 400 has both aux tanks in the wing and tip tanks and if we ever make the 400 we will certainly simulate this. But for the 250, it's not in the cards.

Scott
Hi Scott,

thank's for your reply. It's always interesting to read your posts. If you ever make the 400 I would celebrate it like mad :D. I can't get tired of watching your Comanche videos over and over again, especially the ground runup of the 400. It's kind of crazy...as much as a like the Bonanza, I can't get away from the Comanche. The way it flies, looks, the engine sounds...I can't get rid of that.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Very glad to hear that we'll get a Comanche 400 one day. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: After all, we have a Cessna 172, then it's big brother, the 182, so why not a Comanche 250 and 400??

My understanding of the 400 is that it doesn't have the range of the 250, even with the extra tanks. Hope someone can throw some more light on this. I expect that the 400 will also be more nose heavy, thanks to the extra length and weight of the 8 cylinder engine. For that reason, I don't expect it would be quite so sweet to fly, landing approach and speed may need to be faster and the stall could be more severe.

I agree totally with Skyhawkii - the Bonanza is great, but I always go back the the Comanche 250. It flies as good as it looks. But the 400 would get many flight hours too.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”