Behaves like a turbo?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: Behaves like a turbo?

Post by Hook »

Fede wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 15:48Stephen says that Opus is just injecting weather...
Did they take out the camera shake to simulate turbulence?

Hook

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

Hmm, no, as far as I know it's just the same as always. I mean, you have the "shaking" effect within the live camera views, and the turbulence acting on the airplane itself. At least, that's how I understand it.

Cheers
Fede

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I remember a video some years ago when Opus was still new that showed the camera shaking rather than the plane moving when in turbulence. You could let go of the controls, there was nothing you needed to do. It was all in the camera. That's not exactly just injecting the weather. :) This wasn't the same as camera movement due to head inertia, this was unique to Opus.

I used to rewrite posts by Stephen and his wife (forget her name, is she still active?) to remove all the insults. "What you said was... What you should have said was..." Do they still insult people on a regular basis? :D Maybe my rewrites helped; at least they never complained or responded.

Hook

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

I didn't know that :) I think his wife is still active, but behind the scenes. But I'm not the best to ask to, because I've had very little time for flightsim these years (kids, work, house, you know...). I never had such problems with them, they're usually quite "cold"...technical? I don't know...but never rude to me.
Anyway, back on topic, I know what you mean, and yes, it's a sort of two programs in one. In fact you can activate both or one only. In the beginning it was only camera shaking, now you do get bumps from turbulence, wind shifts, and so on. No, Hook, the program is good, believe me, and they're very responsive when prompted for support. If you go and read my post on their forum, you'll see, I think he was kinda "protecting his baby", you know..?

Well, you know what? It was fixed, so...I'm a happy camper, right? :D

Cheers
Fede

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I'm really glad to hear. I didn't even know Opus was still around.

Hook

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”