Reality GTN 750

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
raknal
Airman

Reality GTN 750

Post by raknal »

Recently action ed the update, wish I hadn't as I no longer have my Reality GTN, instead the default GPS appears.
I had a lot of difficulty installing GTN750 originally and have forgotten the steps.
Can I uninstall the update to get the GTN back or could someone help me with the correct work around to reinstall the GTN

Thanks in advance

raknal
Airman

Re: Reality GTN 750

Post by raknal »

now sorted

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did you use the included aircraft configuration tool?

Found under your Windows start button > All Programs > A2A Simulations

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Lewis: The aircraft config tool for the Comanche doesn't include the RXP GTN 650 or GTN 750; just the Flight 1 GTN 650/750. I've heard that some folks have tweaked certain panel files so they can run the Reality XP GTNs in the Comanche. I'm trying to find out how to do this while I wait for the official A2A update.

Thank you
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh yes OK, sorry I missed the RXP part. Yes you can fake the flight1 ones, as I understand it the RXP units come with its own tool in order to fake the Flight1 versions and be able to integrate into aircraft that support the Flight1 versions?

Ill give Nick a tap on the shoulder so he can confirm what to do when hes able to post.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Paughco wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 20:50 I've heard that some folks have tweaked certain panel files so they can run the Reality XP GTNs in the Comanche. I'm trying to find out how to do this while I wait for the official A2A update.
Hi Paughco,

Yes, you can enable the RXP GTN in the Comanche via a combination of using the RXP setup tool and a small xml gauge. Check out this post for some more info and relevant links. It's in the 172 forum, but exactly the same principal applies to the Comanche.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Nick: Success! Using the links that you provided, I now have a Reality XP GTN 750 in my Comanche!

Following the instructions in the first link (viewtopic.php?f=108&t=69236#p526621), I used the Comanche Aircraft Configurator P3Dv4 to install the Flight 1 GTN 750 in my Comanche. Next I used the RXP setup tool (in the Add-Ons menu in P3Dv4) to replace the Flight 1 GTN with the Reality GTN. It works! The VC GTN works, and the pop-up GTN works. COOL!

One problem - upon further checking the VC unit, I found that while the touch screen features work, the knobs and buttons don't work with the mouse. Everything works in the pop-up; this problem is limited to the VC instrument. I can see the little knobs twirl when I click or spin the mouse wheel, but radio freqs and other functions don't change. Bummer. But wait, there's more! The first link had a second link link with a method to get the knobs and buttons working with the mouse. I went to that link, which turned out to be on AvSim: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5219 ... nt-3939212. That link contained yet another link to a zip file in Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8egnuc87fesgg ... N.zip?dl=0), which contains a .xml file. Instructions say you're supposed to place either the folder with the file in it, or maybe just the file by itself, in your Comanche panel folder. I wasn't sure, so I did both. Later I'll try to figure out whether I was supposed to install the folder, or just the file.

Uh-oh. No difference. OK, there were a lot of other posts in that AvSim link; one recommended tweaking the RealityXP.GTN.ini file which is located inside the C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche folder. I started out doing that, but then I just saved a backup copy of the RealityXP.GTN.ini folder, and (this is really cool) copied the RealityXP.GTN.ini from C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Beechcraft_35_Bonanza folder into the Comanche folder.

Now everything works, except I have to double-click to get the buttons and knobs to work. Next step is to upgrade my T-6, P-51 Civ, and Connie with the Reality XP GTN 650.

Seeya
ATB

RXP
Airman Basic

Post by RXP »

Hi,

There has been a recent discussion at the RXP forums about the 'double' click issue.

The information we've gathered, thanks to Bert and many others, is that most aircraft pre-configured for 'another' GTN have wrong code in the modeldef.xml file leading to the issue of 'double click'.

For newcomers, this is the file which defines the code to run when you click a button in the VC.

In an effort to help 3rd party aircraft vendors integrating our GTN (and GNS V2) we're providing a ready-made/ready-to-use modeldef.xml file which was also based on the same set of mouse events and insidiously our modeldef.xml file is also having the same flaws.

Hopefully this is something which can be corrected easily. You can get all the details and solution here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5702 ... nt-4180785

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”