All of the sudden, NONE of my A2A aircraft work P3Dv4

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
JBBlack
Airman Basic

All of the sudden, NONE of my A2A aircraft work P3Dv4

Post by JBBlack »

Hey y'all,

I updated my Nvidia driver today to the latest one, 441.08, and wanted to try out the P3Dv4, so I fired up my Carenado B58 and flew a few flights at different airports and set up the Flight1 GNS in it blah blah, then tried to fly a flight in my Comanche 250, well it loaded the flight then just crashed to desktop, no error.

So I thought that weird, so I tried another flight with another airplane and it worked with no issues, pretty good framerate...looking good.

So I tried my favorite A2A 182, and it crashed on flight load!!

Tried my A2A 172...CRASHED with no error...

What the heck is going on here??

For the record, when the flight starts to load with ANY A2A aircraft I don't get the full screen loading screen I get this:

NOTE, I never get the whole loading screen on this one.

If I'm not being clear enough let me know, I can give you whatever info you need to help me figure this out.

thanks,
Rob
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; Creative Zx 5.1 Surround ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 1TB

JBBlack
Airman Basic

Re: All of the sudden, NONE of my A2A aircraft work P3Dv4

Post by JBBlack »

And I just tried to roll back my driver, same result.

I am at a total loss here.....
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; Creative Zx 5.1 Surround ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 1TB

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

JBBlack wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 17:35 Hey y'all,

I updated my Nvidia driver today to the latest one, 441.08, and wanted to try out the P3Dv4, so I fired up my Carenado B58 and flew a few flights at different airports and set up the Flight1 GNS in it blah blah, then tried to fly a flight in my Comanche 250, well it loaded the flight then just crashed to desktop, no error.

So I thought that weird, so I tried another flight with another airplane and it worked with no issues, pretty good framerate...looking good.

So I tried my favorite A2A 182, and it crashed on flight load!!

Tried my A2A 172...CRASHED with no error...

What the heck is going on here??

For the record, when the flight starts to load with ANY A2A aircraft I don't get the full screen loading screen I get this:

NOTE, I never get the whole loading screen on this one.

If I'm not being clear enough let me know, I can give you whatever info you need to help me figure this out.

thanks,
Rob

It's not a good idea to load a new flight as well as an A2A plane like this. Your PC is trying to load a complex sim as well as a complex addon to that sim at the same time and it often results in troubles even if you're not immediately aware of troubles as here. At best, some things may not load properly. This is a well known issue with both MSFS (all versions since FS98) and P3D which is MSFS based anyway.

Load your flight with a P3D default plane at an airport with little or no addon scenery. Then go to your desired airport, then load your desired A2A plane. Takes a little longer but it's worth it. This is the way I always load my flights and I've never had such an issue unbless I've also had a bad PC boot. A2A planes have a lot of complex programming behind them so always best to load them last.

Hope this helps,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I haven't tried driver 441.08 yet. I actually just installed 440.97 last weekend and all is good with it on P3Dv4.5. I'll be cautious about the new driver and watch this post to see how it turns out for you.

I hope you get it sorted and be sure to post back please. I just had an issue start on my spare computer that I occasionally run FSX-SE on where I cannot load any A2A planes. It's an old i7 960 with a REALLY OLD Nvidia 8600 GT GPU. Sense it's an old GPU it is running a really old driver, 342.01 but that driver has not been updated sense 12-14-2016 :lol: I have had a rash of Windows updates over the last several days. Things got sketchy on both system but are now back to normal on the main PC with the spare PC still having issues.

Good luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

JBBlack
Airman Basic

Post by JBBlack »

That was the problem Mike.

After all this time loading my favorite default aircraft (summer of 2017?), and then switching to whatever aircraft I wanted to fly at the time, NOW it decides to give me a fit. All I can think of is that my default flight must have gotten corrupt. How? I have no idea. (maybe the flight1 GNS?)

Anyways, I uninstalled the P3Dv4 client, reinstalled the latest HF vrsion, rolled back my video driver, then reinstalled the latest version 441.08, deleted my p3dv4.cfg, made a new one (adding back in my own tweaks).....and nothing worked.

but 4 hours later, removing my saved default flight fixed it.....

thanks Mike, learned a valuable lesson today thanks to you.
RC
I haven't tried driver 441.08 yet. I actually just installed 440.97 last weekend and all is good with it on P3Dv4.5. I'll be cautious about the new driver and watch this post to see how it turns out for you.
Thank man, yeah the 441.08 has the NEW "Image sharpening" setting, so far it's pretty cool, except for the issue with P3Dv4, BUT in all honesty, I think that was the Flight1GNS that screwed up my saved default flight, it ( the GNS) had crashed twice on me earlier today with a DX error, so I may have to reinstall that whole thing.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, rule of thumb is to always start a new flight for troubleshooting. And because of reasons you mention, always make sure the default flight is a p3d default aircraft for trouble free simming. As you experienced whlilst using a complex addon for default can work it can also utterly go wrong and suddenly often without rhyme or reason. This is why we always advise against it. A bit too much of a ticking time bomb lol :? :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”