Continuity after upgrade to Windows 10

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
TonyW
Airman First Class

Continuity after upgrade to Windows 10

Post by TonyW »

Hi,

I have a Piper Comanche and someone on the Forum kindly did a repaint (in 2017 I think) for me so that I could fly with an Irish registration. I've been doing one continuous flight since January this year touring Ireland and the UK, so I always start my next flight from the airport I last landed in.

Due to my Windows 7 encountering serious problems I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 two months earlier than planned. Fortunately I have backups of most, perhaps all, of the files relating to my continuous flight. Should I be able to continue from the airport in Scotland where I last saved my flight and retain the flown hours, fuel and oil levels, and condition (good but flap parts need renewal) etc?

The files I have are:
My last saved flight
State.cfg
FSXAccusimdate.dat
Comanche250Log.dat & also what looks like various backups of this file, i.e. ending .dat.bak
On the assumption that I have the repaint files - just can't find it right now - do I have enough here to get my Comanche back to the state in which I left it?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Tony

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Continuity after upgrade to Windows 10

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tony,

Yes, if you back up the contents of these two folders...

Documents\Flight Simulator X Files
Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250

…You should have everything you need to restore the flight and the aircraft's persistent state. If you're running any other third-party add-ons however, these may require additional files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TonyW
Airman First Class

Post by TonyW »

Thanks Nick,

I'll give this a go tomorrow and see how it works.

Tony

TonyW
Airman First Class

Post by TonyW »

Hi Nick,

I'm only getting around to this today, and I've come up with a problem.

Previously I used Windows 7 and have now installed Windows 10 on a new disk. Like on my W7 setup I created a user specifically for Flight Simulator (e.g. no screensaver, blank wallpaper etc) and I've done the same in W10. I have loaded up my Comanche EI-AMW and fitted wingtip tanks then saved the flight. Then I looked in the folder C:\Play Games\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files but the folder is empty. I relaunched FSX and my saved flight was available to load again so the file must be somewhere on the HD but a search for it on C:\ shows up nothing! After the initial loading of the Piper Comanche 250 EI-AMW and the saving it where should I expect to find new files? Note that I didn't actually fly the plane or even start the engines, nevertheless I expected it to create files.

Regards,

Tony

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”