Comanche

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Mr Black
Airman Basic

Comanche

Post by Mr Black »

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can advise as to a heading bug dial, that doesn't seem to be working whilst using FSXSE steam. I see on you tube clips , that the dial can be rotated, using the mouse however, for some reason, I'm simply not able to get adjustment. Could it be something to do with settings , in FSX? Any advice is welcomed, as I love flying this plane!. Cheers, Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Chris,

In the Comanche, you'll need to use your mouse scroll wheel to rotate the heading bug. Clicking pushes the knob in so that you can rotate the compass card (again, using the mouse wheel) to correct for gyro drift.

Hope this helps,
Nick

Mr Black
Airman Basic

Advice please!

Post by Mr Black »

Still not resolved, I'm afaid!. So here goes as I think I perhaps didn't fully explain ,my issue.
On the HIS indicator (below the Attitude indicator), there are two dials that can be used. The left hand dial, with the yellow arrow works fine with "mouse" control. However, it is the second dial (on the right), that I'm having an issue with. If I'm correct, it's called the "heading selector"?. Ok,my mouse recognizes that the dial can be pushed inwards. I'm expecting this dial, to adjust the green triangle and firstly want to know if that is correct?. Or would the dial rotate the 'card's instead?. I find in autopilot, my plane always sets and flies towards the numerical value where that green triangle is situated. Since I cannot adjust the green triangle, the autopilot feature is currently not fully working!.
Anyway, I'm quite confidently hoping you will rise to this challenge and help me out!
Regards Chris.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Advice please!

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Chris,

Just to repost the content of my PM...
Nick - A2A wrote:Have you tried using the scroll wheel on your mouse to rotate this knob? That's the only way it can be manipulated if I recall correctly.

If your mouse wheel doesn't work for some reason, it may be because it's been assigned to a different function using third-party software. Off the top of my head, FSUIPC and EZdok are two examples of add-ons which allow you to assign the mouse wheel to a custom function.

Best regards,
Nick
P.S. Lewis - you may want to merge with this topic for clarity. :wink:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Comanche

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Moved and merged. Yes this does sound like the middle mouse button is not being used to manipulate the control, that should see you up and running Chris.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”