Comanche 250 Discussion

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Comanche 250 Discussion

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Found this interesting video yesterday and thought some here might be interested. The owner discusses different aspects of Comanche ownership and flying, in particular it's landing characteristics. Great to see further examples of how A2A got it right in it's simulation of this plane. He also compares it to some aspects of flying a Bonanza. And it's a nice looking plane too. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-VxOYHPS1g

Enjoy,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Comanche 250 Discussion

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nice videos! Thanks for sharing that link! I hope we get to compare the Comanche to a Bonanza soon in the Simulator!

And how come no one has requested that repaint for our Accusim Comanche yet :wink:

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

One part of this video that interested me was about the wing, and how you have to nail landings. It reminded me of all the comments from people who have had problems landing the Comanche. For myself, I've never had a problem landing it, but then I do have limited real life flying experience, so I'm aware that any poor landings are due to my ineptitude. If you've never flown IRL, then I can see how you might have difficulties with both the Pipers. It will be interesting to hear people's comments comparing the 2 when A2A launch the Bonanza.

Re the painting of this particular plane, I agree. I hope some kind soul will do a skin for this.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes I had the same thought when I heard him talking about the landings. I also had my fare share of headaches getting nice greasers in the Comanche. It is a lot harder then in the C182 for example.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”