Comanche 250 Yoke hide problem in P3Dv4

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
SIMFAN
Airman

Comanche 250 Yoke hide problem in P3Dv4

Post by SIMFAN »

Hi.
I am unable to hide the yoke on this aircraft in P3D v4.1.
I have no trouble with either the C172 or Piper 180, just the Comanche and all A/C, even the Comanche work OK in P3DV3
I have tried both the Shift 3 approach and the click spot, but in both cases the yoke hides but then immediately reappears.
I have uninstalled the 250 completely, then downloaded and reinstalled the latest P3Dv4 version Comanche, but to no avail.
I have searched the forums looking for advice, but don't find anything relevant.
I find it strange that the other A/C perform correctly, which seems to indicate that the problem is specifically related to the P3Dv4 Comanche file rather than other software or settings.
Anyway I would be most grateful if someone could assist me with a solution, as I find it much preferable to fly with the yoke hidden when possible.
Bill

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Comanche 250 Yoke hide problem in P3Dv4

Post by Molly - A2A »

Are you sure the controls lock is not in place? If it is, it won't allow you to remove the yokes until you remove the controls lock first (because the controls lock is simply a bungee cord holding the yokes together :) )

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

Thanks molleh, but no, the control lock was not in place, but I tried it both ways just in case.
Do you have any other ideas, It does seem strange that others don't seem to have this problem, which does seem to indicate a setting elsewhere may be involved.
But why do my other A2A's not have the problem?
Bill

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

I probably should have posted on the Tech Support forum, so I will transfer the original query there.
Bill

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

I flew the comanche last night in P3Dv4.1 and at one point hid the yoke because my wireless trackir thing was charging so I couldn't move my head, and it hid just fine. Also came back when I told it to. At least the pilot one did - didn't try the other one.

-stefan

SIMFAN
Airman

Post by SIMFAN »

Hi stefan.
Yes, that's how it works for me with both the Cherokee 180 and the C172; why it should be any different for the Comanche is really puzzling.
Thanks for trying it out.
Bill

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Yeah, not sure either. You may wish to try a reinstall of the Comanche (backup your liveries and aircraft.cfg first) and the Accusim update (assuming P3Dv4.1) and see if that fixes it. I only posted to show that it doesn't appear to be a general problem that's affecting everyone.

Good luck!

-stefan

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”