Problems with the ailerons

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Billcoke
Airman

Re: Problems with the ailerons

Post by Billcoke »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 13:28 I'd wager an issue with the aircraft, if you check the pre-flight walk around you will pick up on it and then in the maint hanger can repair anything that requires more then a pre-flight walk around fix.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

I need help to map the C182 and Comanche 250 steering to Airbus thrustmaster sidestick. I google, but can't find relevant info.

Many thanks in advance.

https://www.theverge.com/21371762/micro ... us-edition

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Billcoke wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 01:02 I need help to map the C182 and Comanche 250 steering to Airbus thrustmaster sidestick. I google, but can't find relevant info.
When you say "steering" Billcoke, do you mean a way of controlling the aircraft direction when taxying? If so, this would be a case of mapping the rudder axis to the twist grip on your joystick and using a bit of braking action for tighter turns. If you don't have pedals with toe brakes connected, FSX/P3D should apply differential braking if you press the button assigned to brakes when the rudder is deflected.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Nick - A2A wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 07:06
Billcoke wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 01:02 I need help to map the C182 and Comanche 250 steering to Airbus thrustmaster sidestick. I google, but can't find relevant info.
When you say "steering" Billcoke, do you mean a way of controlling the aircraft direction when taxying? If so, this would be a case of mapping the rudder axis to the twist grip on your joystick and using a bit of braking action for tighter turns. If you don't have pedals with toe brakes connected, FSX/P3D should apply differential braking if you press the button assigned to brakes when the rudder is deflected.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Yes, is controlling the aircraft direction when taxiing, using the twist grip, but where do we map the rudder axis to the twist grip?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That would just be with the rudder axis in your basic P3D control settings. But I just want to check: you're using only the twist grip joystick and don't already have rudder pedals connected? There's no way to control the nosewheel steering independently of the rudder pedals, as you might in larger aircraft such as airliners which have a tiller.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Nick - A2A wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 14:56 That would just be with the rudder axis in your basic P3D control settings. But I just want to check: you're using only the twist grip joystick and don't already have rudder pedals connected? There's no way to control the nosewheel steering independently of the rudder pedals, as you might in larger aircraft such as airliners which have a tiller.

Thanks,
Nick
For Boeing PMDG jetliners, during taxiing, twisting the grip steers the plane from the jetway to the runway, I didn't map the steering control, seems like a default setting. But for A2A, I couldn't steer the plane with the joystick twist grip during taxiing.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Maybe PMDG has some sort of logic that automatically maps the tiller to a twist grip joystick axis, but as mentioned, the Comanche doesn't have a tiller to independently steer the nosewheel. Instead steering of the nosewheel is via the rudder pedals, or any rudder axis in the sim. Do you have rudder pedals as well as the twist grip joystick?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Nick - A2A wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 07:37 Maybe PMDG has some sort of logic that automatically maps the tiller to a twist grip joystick axis, but as mentioned, the Comanche doesn't have a tiller to independently steer the nosewheel. Instead steering of the nosewheel is via the rudder pedals, or any rudder axis in the sim. Do you have rudder pedals as well as the twist grip joystick?

Thanks,
Nick
I only have the twist grip joystick

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

In that case, it's just a case of assigning the twist grip axis (probably called something like "Rz axis") to "rudder axis" in the P3D settings.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 07:11 In that case, it's just a case of assigning the twist grip axis (probably called something like "Rz axis") to "rudder axis" in the P3D settings.

Thanks,
Nick
Noted, many thanks in advance.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”