Problems with the ailerons

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Chris29
Airman Basic

Problems with the ailerons

Post by Chris29 »

Hello all,
A problem occured with the ailerons : turning the yoke to the left, everything is o.k, turning it to the right, I have only a small movement ( some degrees ) of the yoke in the VC, so I cant fly a right-turn. No matter, if I assign the yoke via FS-Controls or FSUIPC. I have this this problem only with the Comanche, not with other addon-aircrafts
I re-installed the aircraft with the same effect.

Looking foreward for ideas, solving this problem.

Thanks
Chris

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Problems with the ailerons

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you checked the maintenance hangar to see if the aircraft has issues?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Also, if you have P3D, you might check "Settings, Controls, Calibrate device." There's probably a comparable feature in FSX, but I don't have FSX so I can't check.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd wager an issue with the aircraft, if you check the pre-flight walk around you will pick up on it and then in the maint hanger can repair anything that requires more then a pre-flight walk around fix.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Chris29
Airman Basic

Post by Chris29 »

Thank you very much for this input - this was the solution
best regards
Chris

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The hangar or joystick calibration or both?

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 13:28 I'd wager an issue with the aircraft, if you check the pre-flight walk around you will pick up on it and then in the maint hanger can repair anything that requires more then a pre-flight walk around fix.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

Need help with the Comanche 250. I've done the pre-flight walk around inspection and also send the plane to maint hanger for repair, but the left aileron is constantly faulty during cruise or approach, but no issues during take off and climb. The plane would pitch down, dive and goes out of control.

Are there settings I've missed out? please help.

Many thanks.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You have a broken flap there. Get it fixed in the maintenance hangar.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Oracle427 wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 11:12 You have a broken flap there. Get it fixed in the maintenance hangar.
I've send the plane to the maintenance hanger for repair during the pre-flight walk around, but during cruise or approach, flaps/ ailerons would constantly be faulty, but I didn't encounter these problems during take off and climb.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

What's your airspeed when you extend the flaps?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Nick - A2A wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 12:30 Bill,

What's your airspeed when you extend the flaps?

Thanks,
Nick
I didn't extend the flaps during cruising. As for approach, the approach speed is around 80-85 mph before I extend the flaps.

The overspeed message shown in the screenshots is due the plane goes out of control with the faulty aileron and dive to the ground.

Are you suspecting it is the speed that cause the flaps to be faulty?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, I was wondering if you were extending the flaps when above the maximum flap extension speed which is 125 mph. However, sounds like you're comfortably below even the recommended flap extension speed of 100 mph. Are you sure you're not accidentally extending the flaps at higher airspeed? You do mention "during cruise or approach" in your earlier posts, and there also seems to be a bit confusion between ailerons and flaps, so just trying to understand what's going on.

In the first screenshots, you're also 7-8 miles from the nearest airports with the gear retracted, so seems an odd place to be extending the flaps too.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Nick - A2A wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 04:48 Yes, I was wondering if you were extending the flaps when above the maximum flap extension speed which is 125 mph. However, sounds like you're comfortably below even the recommended flap extension speed of 100 mph. Are you sure you're not accidentally extending the flaps at higher airspeed? You do mention "during cruise or approach" in your earlier posts, and there also seems to be a bit confusion between ailerons and flaps, so just trying to understand what's going on.

In the first screenshots, you're also 7-8 miles from the nearest airports with the gear retracted, so seems an odd place to be extending the flaps too.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick.

I also wonder whether the cruise and approach speed were too fast, that resulted in structural damage, but then so far, the Cessna C172, C182 and Cherokee 180 don't have this aileron issue, even when I cruise with the flaps extended during circuit flying, except for Comanche 250.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bear in mind that flap limiting speeds are a bit more forgiving in the Cessnas. In the 182 for example, you can extend the first stage of flap when below 140 KIAS which is actually the maximum structural cruising speed.

As for the Cherokee, well it just takes a bit more persuasion to get it above the max flap extension speed when compared to its more powerful cousin. This may be why you're not having the same issue.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Billcoke
Airman

Post by Billcoke »

Nick - A2A wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 09:20 Bear in mind that flap limiting speeds are a bit more forgiving in the Cessnas. In the 182 for example, you can extend the first stage of flap when below 140 KIAS which is actually the maximum structural cruising speed.

As for the Cherokee, well it just takes a bit more persuasion to get it above the max flap extension speed when compared to its more powerful cousin. This may be why you're not having the same issue.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick, will take note.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”