Problems with new VirtualFly Twin-Throttle Quadrant

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sage
Airman First Class

Problems with new VirtualFly Twin-Throttle Quadrant

Post by sage »

I've changed a few items on my computer: New yoke, rudders and new quadrant (twin-engine) all from VirtualFly. A fresh install of P3D v5.2 was used. All aircraft that are v5.2 compliant was installed including A2A Cessna 172/182. All aircraft respond to each controller except the 172/182. They will not respond to the multi-quadrant but will respond to some mouse inputs. The two aircraft will not turn over even using ctrl +E.
The VirtualFly software was used to calibrate all the levers (6). They are in perfect sync will the rest of my sim aircraft.
Just as a reminder, I had similar problems with 172/182 when installed in P3D v4 with Logitech yoke, rudder and throttle quadrant. The difference here was the Logitech yoke would not respond properly. The remaining hardware worked. This is almost Déjà vu.
Do you have any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks, Patrick

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Problems with new VirtualFly Twin-Throttle Quadrant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I’m not sure about P3D, but FSX had a “feature”…. Whenever a new controller was plugged in, FSX would automatically assign axis to several controllers. Try to check your axis assignments in P3D to make sure you don’t have any double assignments
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Pat,

When you say the aircraft won't respond to the controllers, do you mean that the throttle, prop, and mixture levers depicted in the VC don't move when you move your physical levers? Is it the same for the yoke and rudders?

If so, I'm afraid I'm not at all familiar with the VirtualFly hardware, but does the software interface you mention just calibrate the axes, or is it used to assign them too, rather than using the control assignments in P3Dv5 itself? Or are there other programs involved in the setup, e.g. FSUIPC?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Hi Nick, sorry for the confusion. The only item that does not work in the 172/182 is VirtualFly's Throttle Quadrant. VirtualFly has its own software to operate/calibrate the rudders, yoke and throttle quadrant.

If I try to move the throttle, prop or mixture on the quadrant there is no movement in the cockpit. If I use the mouse and move the T-P-M they will move and engine starts. I did not touch anything in P3D's key or axis assignments. I followed VirtualFly's directions for install and calibrations. Remember all the rest of my sim aircraft work perfectly.

I hope this helps, Nick. I realize how hard it is to fix these problems given the thousands of variations.

I will provide any info you need to help you.
Thanks, Nick

Pat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Pat. I've just had a looks at the manual for the TQ6+ on VirtualFly's website, so I now have a better understanding of their recommendations. Unfortunately, their 'VFTest&Calibrate-S' software may be bypassing Accu-Sim and injecting control positions directly into P3D.

Do you also have a registered copy of FSUIPC installed? If so, using their recommended method through FSUIPC should work with Accu-Sim planes.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

sage wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 11:45 I've changed a few items on my computer: New yoke, rudders and new quadrant (twin-engine) all from VirtualFly. A fresh install of P3D v5.2 was used. All aircraft that are v5.2 compliant was installed including A2A Cessna 172/182. All aircraft respond to each controller except the 172/182. They will not respond to the multi-quadrant but will respond to some mouse inputs. The two aircraft will not turn over even using ctrl +E.
The VirtualFly software was used to calibrate all the levers (6). They are in perfect sync will the rest of my sim aircraft.
Just as a reminder, I had similar problems with 172/182 when installed in P3D v4 with Logitech yoke, rudder and throttle quadrant. The difference here was the Logitech yoke would not respond properly. The remaining hardware worked. This is almost Déjà vu.
Do you have any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks, Patrick
I use a Virtual Fly Quad throttle and am familiar with the problem. Mine works perfectly.
The issue involves the VF software and our Accusim. Their software doesn't work correctly with our planes due to a driver VF needs to make that happen.
The throttle WILL work perfectly however if you pass on the VF software and calibrate the throttle using the axis assignments in the sim. I also check to see it's ok in Windows.
Before assigning the axis' for the throttle, FIRST go through the controller applet in the sim and clear every assignment that the sim has assigned both axis and key assignments. Good idea to do this for each controller you set up in the sim as well.
AFTER clearing everything off the throttle, go back and assign each axis to each lever for the number 1 and number 2 engines. That's it! Save the settings and go fly.
Hope this helps a bit.
Dudley Henriques

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Hi Dudley,
I tried you suggestion and it works!!
What gave me grief was that the Idle-cut off is different than Logitech's. When you hit the mixtures or throttles the stop-click stops the engine, but on the QT6 the engine does not stop. In the instructions full arc swing means from top to bottom past the stop-click to the very bottom. But My brain was programed to stop at the click on Logitech's quadrant. Another thing I did not do was to place the SENSITIVITIES to 127 and the nulls to 1, that's what gave my VF levers the jitters. All is well now, THANKS TO YOU!

I do have another question: I have additional Logitech Panels and Instruments I would like to attach to my second flight sim but they don't work. Logitech states they are working on an upgrade for P3Dv5.2; another response says it does work and yet another response says it does not work?!?! Do you have any thoughts on this, Dudley or Lewis?
Many thanks again, Dudley
Pat

PS Lewis thanks for your help, also. Not looking to install FSUIPC PROGRAM to make another program work unless absolutely necessary. Thanks again for you response!
You have a great forum with nice people willing to share their knowledge. I hope in a small way I've helped by answering Mr. Dudley response to my question.
Pat

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

sage wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 11:57 Hi Dudley,
I tried you suggestion and it works!!
What gave me grief was that the Idle-cut off is different than Logitech's. When you hit the mixtures or throttles the stop-click stops the engine, but on the QT6 the engine does not stop. In the instructions full arc swing means from top to bottom past the stop-click to the very bottom. But My brain was programed to stop at the click on Logitech's quadrant. Another thing I did not do was to place the SENSITIVITIES to 127 and the nulls to 1, that's what gave my VF levers the jitters. All is well now, THANKS TO YOU!

I do have another question: I have additional Logitech Panels and Instruments I would like to attach to my second flight sim but they don't work. Logitech states they are working on an upgrade for P3Dv5.2; another response says it does work and yet another response says it does not work?!?! Do you have any thoughts on this, Dudley or Lewis?
Many thanks again, Dudley
Pat

PS Lewis thanks for your help, also. Not looking to install FSUIPC PROGRAM to make another program work unless absolutely necessary. Thanks again for you response!
You have a great forum with nice people willing to share their knowledge. I hope in a small way I've helped by answering Mr. Dudley response to my question.
Pat
I'm sorry I don't have the Logitech panels.
I simply set up my TQ6 using the axis' available in both P3Dv5 and in MSFS2020. My ICO works to a complete stop in both sims. My idle throttle works all the way back through the detent.
Check every controller that shows up in the sim settings and make absolutely sure all the axis' are deleted EXCEPT the one's you want assigned. When you first install the TQ6 the sims pick it up and assign default axis and sometimes there are duplications (an axis assigned to two functions. That will cause issues every time.
DH

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Hi Dudley,
Thanks again for your quick reply. It's guys like yourself make this forum so valuable.
The Covid Variant is ramped here in Florida. Stay healthy!
Pat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”