P3D V5.2 aircraft textures not loading

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
robains
Staff Sergeant

P3D V5.2 aircraft textures not loading

Post by robains »

Having a strange issue with the 182, none of the aircraft textures are loading. I've tried A2A 182 uninstall and reinstall (checked updates, installed) but that didn't solve the problem. Aircraft flies and operates correctly, just no textures.

https://youtu.be/6ZwKU5PZUGs

thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3D V5.2 aircraft textures not loading

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Rob,

Not able to reproduce this issue with my clean installation of v5.2.18.27565. When you installed the public release of v5.2, did you start with a clean slate, or are there any shaders etc, left over from previous beta releases. If so, deleting these would be my first suggestion.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

I'm trying to diagnose, it was working but after running FSDT Live Update (GSX) I've now lost ALL aircraft textures, not just A2A, even default aircraft.

Oh joy, I can see why MSFS is so popular.

Cheers, Rob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, cheers Rob - hope you manage to get it sorted. If you do figure out what the culprit is, perhaps you can let us know for future reference.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bridges
Airman Basic

Post by bridges »

This looks like the same problem stated by shermank in the Pilot's Lounge, and that I'm also seeing in the C172. Sorry to say that is good to know I'm not alone... Even being far less knowledgeable, I will also try to isolate the problem.

bridges

shermank
Airman

Post by shermank »

bridges wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 05:06 This looks like the same problem stated by shermank in the Pilot's Lounge, and that I'm also seeing in the C172. Sorry to say that is good to know I'm not alone... Even being far less knowledgeable, I will also try to isolate the problem.

bridges
From what I am reading here, it might require a complete reinstallation of P3D V.2...I originally installed only the client, as suggested in the p3d forum...later, because of some texture issues, I installed by content and scenery separately. So, all three elements are v5.2. But, I may just have to do the total installation again...hope not...:-(

Sherm

bridges
Airman Basic

Post by bridges »

Full and clean reinstall? I´ll wait a little more for a miracle... Meanwhile, I´ll keep browsing the folders searching for some corrupt file left behind. In case of success, I'll post an update here.

bridges

Fast_Eddy
Airman Basic

Post by Fast_Eddy »

Same issue here, only with A2A aircraft, Updated to 5.2 via 1 client, 2 content.

Update.......

This a.m. after a reboot of my system, appears to working now.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”