Installed 182, now no A2A airplanes work correctly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Re: Installed 182, now no A2A airplanes work correctly

Post by JCHPA32 »

I did as you asked. Uninstalled and deleted all I could find, even the start menu file, and shut down. Re-installed and ran the 05-11-20 updater, 172 shows in the FSX menu, but crashes FSX when selected. Fatal error.
Where can I send you some screenshots so you can see what happens on install?
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Chris,

You can attach screenshot to your posts using the "attachments" tab below the message window.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

Update, now I deleted all again as before, and reinstalled but did not run any update, and the 172 works. However, no configurator in the menu, and had to delete the RXP file from the aircraft folder to get the regular radios to work. Flew the VOR 14 at KTNU using the A/P and all worked as expected.
Now, I cannot find my original installer from when I bought the 172 years ago. The one I DL'd from the store says Version 2.0. Can I assume that the latest installer would have the latest core aircraft with all the fixes to date, and wouldn't need the update? Or is this the same aircraft I bought then, and needs updated to the current version?
Nick, there a quite a few pics, can I send a zip file to you somewhere?
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Chris. I suppose it's possible that something in the latest core update has broken compatibility with Windows XP. As I mentioned earlier, we don't test updates and new products aren't against this operating system. The tools used to compile various parts of the product such as code and aircraft models may now include security features no longer supported by Windows XP. This is just one of the pitfalls of using an operating system which isn't support by Microsoft.

The 172 Version 2.0 installer for FSX doesn't included all of the latest updates. I believe it dates back to about 2015, but as you'll see, the latest FSX update which affected the 172 was released in 2019.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. It might be worth uploading the screenshots to DropBox or similar if you think they'll help.
A2A Simulations Inc.

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

I don't use dropbox.
I found the installer for my T-6 from 2016, but it still says fatal error when I select it. So basically, I am just SOL here aren't I?
I still don't understand what was changed that prevents my sims that did work, from working now, on exactly the same system. Everything worked just fine until I installed the 182. What could it possibly have changed on my system?
Literally, the only change I made before the 182 was buying the Carenado Seneca V. And the A2A aircraft worked after that. Otherwise, I have not downloaded/installed/upgraded hardware, no changes to this computer in years.
So basically you are saying that unless I get a new computer I can't have my sims back.
Chris

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

Here are some shots, Nick.
Attachments
install fail 3.JPG
install fail 3.JPG (105.57 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
install fail 2.JPG
install fail 2.JPG (132.08 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
install error.JPG
install error.JPG (131.03 KiB) Viewed 1447 times

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

And some more.
Attachments
This is what the updater does on every aircraft it finds. Did it last night with the 172 install you asked me to try (update 05-20)
This is what the updater does on every aircraft it finds. Did it last night with the 172 install you asked me to try (update 05-20)
wyupdate fail.JPG (140.46 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
same fail 2.JPG
same fail 2.JPG (137 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
same fail 1.JPG
same fail 1.JPG (135.98 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Fail 522.JPG
Fail 522.JPG (134.38 KiB) Viewed 1449 times

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

And some more.
Attachments
Now this from last night.
Now this from last night.
Not all there...JPG (153.88 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
After the first re-install attempt earlier this month.
After the first re-install attempt earlier this month.
no config-input links.JPG (155.22 KiB) Viewed 1451 times

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Chris,

The important thing for you to understand is that security and programming protocols used for software distributed via the internet move on. Just because an application worked when you connected your Windows XP machine to the internet 10 years ago, doesn't mean it will do now.

Your screenshots show it's the Microsoft DirectX runtime installation which is failing. This is a web installer package bundled with the A2A products, but it's actually provided by Microsoft themselves.

As I've mentioned, they don't support Windows XP any more. In fact, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, all of which followed XP are no longer supported either.

The only thing I can try is sending you a zip file with the latest Accu-Sim core files for FSX. However, given the DirectX9 installation issue pictured, I certainly can't guarantee this'll solve your problem.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

I understand that, but if I use the original installer that did work, why would it not work now? The T-6 will not work at all. The installer is from 2016. So the DirectX SDK would be from 2016. And they worked. Now they don't.
Please send me the zip, I will try anything at this point.
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

As I say Chris, the installers include the DirectX web installer package from Microsoft. Being a "web installer" means it connects to resources on the internet when it runs. Because your operating system is no longer supported, these resources no longer seem to be compatible with XP.

Similarly the Accu-Sim update is a web installer, so not surprising that it no longer works properly with XP.

I'll put together that zip file though, and send you a PM with a link in a bit.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

I understand, but now I have to ask. You've seen the screenshot of my desktop. I have a LOT of simulations installed. If I install this zip, is it going to do ANYTHING to my other simulations? I'm afraid to install anything now.
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It won't have any effect on any other add-ons or software. It's just a way for you to manually copy and paste some files included in the updates as a way to bypass the automatic updater.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JCHPA32
Airman First Class

Post by JCHPA32 »

Thank you, I will try that.
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, I've just send you a PM with a link to the file.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”