Animations - Behviour

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
smiphillip
Airman Basic

Animations - Behviour

Post by smiphillip »

Hi All,

I own the C182. Great product.

I have a corrupted file causing strange animation (tie downs, chocks and pitot cover).

I use FSX Delux with Acceleration. I also use TACPACK, REX active sky 3D and GSX V2 for ground service. I have in the past used FSPassengersX.

All the animations worked 100%, but of late things such as the pitot tube cover when removed immediately reappears after removal or when going cold and dark the pitot cover appears and then disappears immediately. Another strange behaviour are the tie downs. I know they are linked to the parking brakes. As soon as I put the parking breaks on they appear and like the pitot cover, when removing them before flight they reappear. During flight they flicker on and off and I can see in the mini tools how the tie down comes on and goes off. The result is that of course I do not fly the C182. But I have also experienced strange animation behaviour on other 3rd party aircraft.

I know the issue is not with the C182 - I am extremely confident in your products.

I know there is a corruption in my FSX caused by another addon. I just need help to identify it and where. I have tried uninstalling the C182 and doing a complete reinstall. All the other addons above have latest updates after being reinstalled and FSPassengersX has been uninstalled.

If you could provide any guidance as to where the corruption maybe that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

smiphillip
Airman Basic

Re: Animations - Behviour

Post by smiphillip »

More info. I am running Windows 7.

I reinstalled simconnect and did a complete reinstall of the C182. I also removed tackpack and GSX.

It resolved the animation behaviour until I ran the core update. After running the core update the C182 when loading, loads floating above the ground. After removing everything related to A2A and running fresh install followed by core update, the C182 loads fine, but there are two small animations that are now misbehaving. The headphones and on internal light. They flicker on and off. So you can see the headset appear on the pilots head and then disappear.

I have also turned my antivirus off. I also just bought the T6 and for its part everything is working as it should even after running the core update a second time.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Animations - Behviour

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and apologies for the late reply smiphillip.

I've just posted in your other topic here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”