Black Spinner

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cat3508
Airman First Class

Black Spinner

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi Guys,
I have just re bought the C182 for P3Dv4.5. I used to have the 182 for FSX, but had a few problems, so bit the bullet and went brand new. I was, for the first time in many years able to start the aircraft the proper way. The previous one just would not start.
However, was disappointed to find that my new one is still sporting a black spinner, as was the old one. I presume there is a way of correcting this. (I have run the update as well). Also why is there no provision for the RXP 750/650 ?. Seems a bit odd .

All in all. I am happy with my new purchase and the seamless intuitive way of doing it,

Cheers,

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Black Spinner

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Neil,

Do you have any shader mods installed (something like TomatosShade)? If so, these can sometimes causes the spinner to render incorrectly depending on settings.

As for the RXP GTN 750/650, the only reason they aren't supported is because the release of the 182 for P3Dv4 actually predates the release of these add-ons. However, you can still use them with the 182. First of all, use the A2A Aircraft Configurator to select the Flight1 GTN 750 option. Then, use the RealityXP "setup aircraft" tool to detect and replace the F1 gauge entries with RXP ones. This option is available from the P3D top menu, and should look something like this. Note that you need to select the "no bezel" option for the VC as shown.

A second, optional, step is required to enable the bezel buttons and rotary control. For more information on the end-user workaround which was developed, please refer to this post by 'BillS511' on RXP's support forum. RXP's forum on Avsim is a very useful source of info, and you can also check out [https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5219 ... nt-3820900]the info[/url] in this post by Bill too.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply. I do not have any shader mods what so ever installed, and never have. What I find interesting, is that I noticed that the Hobbs meter is registering the same hours that I had on my the old C182. How can this be, as its a completely new download.
With regard to the RXP 750, I wont bother with it and go back to my F1 GTN 750/650 setup'

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Neil.

Carrying over the persistent state of the aircraft from your previous installation is by design. If you prefer to reset your 182 to a brand new state, you can simply delete the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" folder.

For the black spinner issue, please can you try deleting your shader cache by removing the following folder: "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders". However, if this was also a problem in FSX, it may be something more fundamental to your system. Please can you let us know what graphics card you're using, and whether its drivers are up to date?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi Nick,

Have deleted my shader cache

Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080 TI

Have updated to the latest driver 466.11

Ran the sim and the black spinner remains as is. Tried the 2 blade prop, and the spinner is white as modelled. I know its not the end of the world, but it would be nice if it looked as intended
I am also happy that the Hour meter is reading the total hours flown.

Cheers,

Neil

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Neil,

what are your graphic settings in P3D itself, this could be the cause of your spinner not displaying correctly.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Neil,

One other thing to check is have you updated all of the components of P3D to v4.5 status, and not just the client? If in doubt, please can you check the Windows list of installed programs and make sure the "Prepar3D v4 Content" component is also updated to 4.5.14.34698.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Lewis: Graphics settings are as follows:
FXAA=OFF
AA=4XSSAA
Texture Filtering= Anisotropic 16X
Texture Resolution= Ultra -4096x4096
V Sync=ON
Triple Buffering = ON
Target Frame Rate= 40
Wide Aspect Ratio=ON
2D Panels Transparency =0%

Nick : I haven't as yet updated the P3Dv4 Content component, as my download allowance is limited. plus my download speed is pathetic. I will do as asked when I have the capacity.

Cheers,

Neil

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Cat3508 wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 00:56 I haven't as yet updated the P3Dv4 Content component, as my download allowance is limited. plus my download speed is pathetic. I will do as asked when I have the capacity.
Sounds like this could well be the cause of the issue Neil, especially if you're using the Content component from v4.3 or
earlier. v4.4 of P3D updated the core rendering engine to support Physically Based Rendering (PBR) so includes some significant changes.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”