C182 Pitch behaviour is Crazy!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
zazaboeing
Senior Airman

C182 Pitch behaviour is Crazy!

Post by zazaboeing »

Done all troubleshooting you guys normally sugest, no luck. So here I am, begging for help.

FSX:SE , C182 updated to latest version. Happens with or without FSUIPC. Either Honeycomb Alpha or Logitech 3d stick.

Tried uninstalling all simconnect and it worked correctly for a while, but when I updated to the latest 182 version, issue came back.

Plane keeps pitching up when approaching stall, trimmed all way DOWN and it stalls pitching up. Completely opposite to a normal situation. When it regains speed, nose goes down into a dive. This replicates with autopilot on, any pitch mode goes completely crazy, and the AP clearly tries to "fight" this tendency and end up worsening the oscilations until it goes inverted.

No faults in Maitanance Hangar also.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C182 Pitch behaviour is Crazy!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

this will be difficult as you mention trying things before coming to us, please in the future make this your first not last stop as in order to correctly troubleshoot we will always start at the beginning. Please can you let us know your setup including third party software and if you have tried with these not turned off but completely disabled and if this is repeatable. Is the 182 just climbing un-commanded?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rafael,

Yes, this is an odd one. Please can you confirm if the pitch trim is operating in the correct sense? (i.e. that nose down trim inputs aren't having the opposite effect?)

You mention the problem being present "with or without FSUIPC" but have you tried removing the FSUIPC dll completely (i.e. moving it to a different folder) for troubleshooting, using axis assignments within the sim instead?

Also you're a P3D user if I recall correctly, but please can you let us know the specific version you have installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 02:51 Hi Rafael,

Yes, this is an odd one. Please can you confirm if the pitch trim is operating in the correct sense? (i.e. that nose down trim inputs aren't having the opposite effect?)

You mention the problem being present "with or without FSUIPC" but have you tried removing the FSUIPC dll completely (i.e. moving it to a different folder) for troubleshooting, using axis assignments within the sim instead?

Also you're a P3D user if I recall correctly, but please can you let us know the specific version you have installed?

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick, yes in the P3d version it was OK. and yes removed FSUIPC.dll completely.
I'm only using FSX Steam Edition now, and MSFS.

Reverting the 182 to the previous version,makes it work correctly, something is wrong with the latest update. I also installed the Comanche and Cherokee and they are all behaving like that. If I don't update, they're fine.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Rafael,

If this relates to the FSX version of the 182, remember the most recent FSX Accu-Sim update was nearly a year ago, so if there was a problem with it that caused this issue, we'd certainly have found out before now.

Because the problem is local to your system, I recommend you try backing up and then deleting the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" folder in case a file within has somehow become corrupted.

If the odd behaviour persists after doing this, please can you let us know the answer to the first question I asked above?
Nick - A2A wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 02:51 Please can you confirm if the pitch trim is operating in the correct sense? (i.e. that nose down trim inputs aren't having the opposite effect?)
Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 14:29 Thanks Rafael,

If this relates to the FSX version of the 182, remember the most recent FSX Accu-Sim update was nearly a year ago, so if there was a problem with it that caused this issue, we'd certainly have found out before now.

Because the problem is local to your system, I recommend you try backing up and then deleting the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" folder in case a file within has somehow become corrupted.

If the odd behaviour persists after doing this, please can you let us know the answer to the first question I asked above?
Nick - A2A wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 02:51 Please can you confirm if the pitch trim is operating in the correct sense? (i.e. that nose down trim inputs aren't having the opposite effect?)
Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick,

It relates to the FSX Steam Edition, and I'm aware of the update's date.
Backup up and deleted the Documents...\folder and the bug was still there.

So what I did again, was a complete reinstall of the FSX:SE and ONLY installing A2A as addon to make sure (again) nothing was interfering. And yes, the planes were flying nice until I update them.
What it looks like is if the planes were VERY AFT CG, and to sum it up, as speed decreases, more elevator (and trim) DOWN is needed, to the point that I stall full nose down pitch trim. If a regain speed, after a certain value, the plane starts to behave like it normally should for a full nose down trim, and dives. Autopilot is also struggling with these uncorrect tendencies, so it's unusable.

And also yes, I confirm pitch is operating in correct sense, not having opposite effect. Externally and internally (indicator) observed.

I wish I could have the update BEFORE the latest (may-20) so I could test, because my older installers, the ones that works are really outdated.

Thanks,

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

zazaboeing wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 12:56 I wish I could have the update BEFORE the latest (may-20) so I could test, because my older installers, the ones that works are really outdated.
The old updates are still on the server Rafael, so you could always try this one.

https://a2asimulations.com/downloads/up ... _04_19.zip

Anyway, thanks for the description. I'll load up FSX in a bit, and see if I can reproduce anything like the issue you're describing, but it sounds very odd indeed.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

One further though Rafael - do you have the FSX Steam beta branch installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote: 12 Mar 2021, 13:12 One further though Rafael - do you have the FSX Steam beta branch installed?

Thanks,
Nick
Yes Nick, it’s with the beta branch. And I’ll try the link you sent in previous link later and report back the results. Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Rafael - please can you try reverting your FSX-SE build back to the stable release as I have a hunch this may be related to the issue. There's no need to do a clean reinstall, just go to FSX's "properties" page in the Steam client and on the "betas" tab select "none - opt out of all beta programs" and there should be a small download of a few MBs.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Nick - A2A wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 12:44 Thanks Rafael - please can you try reverting your FSX-SE build back to the stable release as I have a hunch this may be related to the issue. There's no need to do a clean reinstall, just go to FSX's "properties" page in the Steam client and on the "betas" tab select "none - opt out of all beta programs" and there should be a small download of a few MBs.

Cheers,
Nick
Nick, you're awesome!! Reverting back to the previous (non beta) version, did the trick. Now the planes are UPDATED and working fine.
I cannot understand, for the life of mine, how this beta would affect the A2A planes, but it did. Is there any idea if they would be compatible someday?
By the way I don't know exactly what the beta updates, anyway.

Gotta work now on allowing orbx objectflow.dll (it's not meant to work on the outdated version of FSX:SE) to work.

Thanks once again Nick!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! Glad to hear that fixed it Rafael and you're very welcome.

Yes, the exact content of this beta branch is a bit mysterious. Certainly there's nothing in the rather short change log that would explain this, which suggests some undocumented bits and pieces were thrown in too. We'll have to keep an eye on the situation, as I guess there's always a chance that the beta will be released as an official update at some point... :?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”