C182 RXP

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

C182 RXP

Post by GaryRR »

After a recent RXP Garmin Trainer update the Skylane will no longer accept RXP avionics. It seems only the pop-up RXP GPS 500 will install if I use RXP configurator. Also, and I've seen this before in the Commanche, the Navcom displays show crossed Xs and will not display numerals.
What can be done.
I applied the November A2A update. Before the RXP update I had RXP 530/430 in the VC. Was beautiful.
Help.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Re: C182 RXP

Post by GaryRR »

So, I checked the option to erase records on my 182. The Navcom Digits are readable now. But I still cannot install RXP 530/430 stack.
I had installed the November update before.
Before this RXP Update I mentioned initially I had the full avionics options for the 182.
After I reinstalled and ran the November update again it now does nothing. The GPS options on the configurator are no different from the earlier version. I can't use my RXP.
I would like to start from scratch.
Why would an RXP Garmin Trainer update mess up my A2A installations?
Help
Fsxse

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gary,

Bear in mind that the FSX version of the 182 doesn't natively support the RXP GNS v2, so once you've selected the RXP GNS (v1) gauge in the aircraft configurator, you'll need to use the RXP utility to replace it with the v2 gauge.

I've just checked, and the latest RXP update for the GNS is working fine in the 182 in both my P3D and FSX installations.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

It worked fine in mine to before I downloaded the Garmin GTN Trainer update. It is still quite functional on other aircraft its installed in.
I run twin 530s on the B200, I set up a both 530 and GTN panels on the Cessna 421. I was considering doing that on all my A2A aircraft depending on paint.
I will keep working at it. Perhaps I can do it manually.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”