Climbrate sinks to -2000fpm

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
jirmejahu
Airman

Climbrate sinks to -2000fpm

Post by jirmejahu »

When I am engaging AP in my C182 (Baro is set, altitude also) VS drops in about 1 second from 0 to -2.000 ft. This value cannot be changed by up- or down-buttons. :(
AND trim of the C182 is going slowly automatic to "full nose down".
Engaging AP im flight is the same - immediately -2.000ft going downstairs.
What is going wrong ?
jirmejahu

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Climbrate sinks to -2000fpm

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi jirmejahu,

I think the first thing to check here is whether the aircraft is trimmed when you engage the autopilot? In other words, have you used the trim wheel or the manual electric trim switches to relieve any significant pressure on the yoke before you engage the autopilot?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 08:03 Hi jirmejahu,

I think the first thing to check here is whether the aircraft is trimmed when you engage the autopilot? In other words, have you used the trim wheel or the manual electric trim switches to relieve any significant pressure on the yoke before you engage the autopilot?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,
thanks for Your quick answer.
I trimmed the aircraft with the wheel to the middle of the marker. Middle between nose up and nose down.
When I now engage AP, the v-speed of the KAP140 appears and sinks automatic from 0 to -2.000 ft AND the trimming-wheel rotates automatic to full-nose-down (the upper side of the trimmwheel).
I am not able to adjust v-speed for example to +700 ft.
The plane is filled with fuel, the pilot and nothing else.
jirmejahu

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info jirmejahu.

It sounds like something is making a control input and forcing the trim runaway. Could you let us know how you're engaging the AP (e.g. with a mouse click in the virtual cockpit, or using a hardware device of some sort?) and also what sort of control hardware is connected to your PC? For example, any hardware such as a trim wheel in addition to yoke or joystick? Also, are you using any third-party software to program the hardware or just the sim setting menu (P3Dv5 in your case, if I recall correctly from earlier topics)?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 09:14 Thanks for the additional info jirmejahu.

It sounds like something is making a control input and forcing the trim runaway. Could you let us know how you're engaging the AP (e.g. with a mouse click in the virtual cockpit, or using a hardware device of some sort?) and also what sort of control hardware is connected to your PC? For example, any hardware such as a trim wheel in addition to yoke or joystick? Also, are you using any third-party software to program the hardware or just the sim setting menu (P3Dv5 in your case, if I recall correctly from earlier topics)?

Cheers,
Nick
I am using the TM Warthog - normal in connection with FSUIPC. In P3D the controllers are disabled. Only FSUIPC works with them.
AP ist toggeled with the programmed red button at top of the stick or engaged by clicking with the mouse on the KAP140.
At the moment I am flying with an A320 to my next destination. This will last about 30 minutes.
After that I try to stop FSUIPC and look, what happens in the C182, when I engage AP by mouseclick, without influence of FSUIPC.
CU jirmejahu

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay thanks - in general we advise not to globally disable your controllers in P3D, but instead just delete the individual axis assignments in P3D if you wish to program them in FSUIPC instead. Since FSUIPC is powerful software, I'd also recommend testing with it temporarily disabled if the issue persists, so that at least we know if it's somehow involved. The simplest way to disable FSUIPC is probably just to drag the FSUIPC6.dll into a different folder such as the "Utils" one.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 09:35 Okay thanks - in general we advise not to globally disable your controllers in P3D, but instead just delete the individual axis assignments in P3D if you wish to program them in FSUIPC instead. Since FSUIPC is powerful software, I'd also recommend testing with it temporarily disabled if the issue persists, so that at least we know if it's somehow involved. The simplest way to disable FSUIPC is probably just to drag the FSUIPC6.dll into a different folder such as the "Utils" one.

Cheers,
Nick
I just tested AP in C182 with P3D V4. Here it seems to work properly.
I can adjust v-speeds.
V5 ist just the unsolved problem.
jirmejahu

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

jirmejahu wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 09:44
Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 09:35 Okay thanks - in general we advise not to globally disable your controllers in P3D, but instead just delete the individual axis assignments in P3D if you wish to program them in FSUIPC instead. Since FSUIPC is powerful software, I'd also recommend testing with it temporarily disabled if the issue persists, so that at least we know if it's somehow involved. The simplest way to disable FSUIPC is probably just to drag the FSUIPC6.dll into a different folder such as the "Utils" one.

Cheers,
Nick
I just tested AP in C182 with P3D V4. Here it seems to work properly.
I can adjust v-speeds.
V5 ist just the unsolved problem.
jirmejahu

Hi Nick,
it seemed to be a FSUIPC-problem.
On this PC I am using P3D V5 AND FS2020 AND FSUIPC6 (for P3D V5) AND FSUIPC7 (for FS2020).
Disengaging FSUIPC6 solved obviously the problem.
Obviously there is a problem with V6 and V7 od FSUIPC.
jirmejahu

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi jirmejahu,

Thanks for testing that. At least it proves that FSUIPC is involved as you say. However, I have FSUIPC6 installed to both P3D v4 and v5 and I just tested the 182 KAP 140 functionality and have no problems: the AP captures the current vertical speed when engaged as it should.

Although I don't have a copy of FSUIPC7 installed, I doubt this is the issue. It might be worth checking you have the latest version of FSUIPC6 installed, and also making sure none of the options on FSUIPC's "miscellaneous" page are selected.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 10:27 Hi jirmejahu,

Thanks for testing that. At least it proves that FSUIPC is involved as you say. However, I have FSUIPC6 installed to both P3D v4 and v5 and I just tested the 182 KAP 140 functionality and have no problems: the AP captures the current vertical speed when engaged as it should.

Although I don't have a copy of FSUIPC7 installed, I doubt this is the issue. It might be worth checking you have the latest version of FSUIPC6 installed, and also making sure none of the options on FSUIPC's "miscellaneous" page are selected.

Nick
Hi Nick,
great THANKS for your help.
Now I can enjoy my new A2A C182.
Keep healthy !
Winfried (jirmejahu)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Winfried, does that mean you've managed to get it working okay with FSUIPC active in P3Dv5?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 10:38 You're welcome Winfried, does that mean you've managed to get it working okay with FSUIPC active in P3Dv5?

Thanks,
Nick
No, I have not tried it yet. I try to update and see, what happened.
At the moment I am glad to get it worked. On my P3D V4-PC FSUIPC6 worked still well - why not in V5 ?
FSUIPC7 seemed to be the problem.
When I am solved this, I could report here.
Thanks Winfried

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - let us know how you get on. It may just be one errant setting in FSUIPC which is why I'd recommend making sure all the "miscellaneous" ones are unticked.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 11:08 Okay, thanks - let us know how you get on. It may just be one errant setting in FSUIPC which is why I'd recommend making sure all the "miscellaneous" ones are unticked.

Nick
The FSUIPC6-problem exists further on.
BUT, in past, I have installed the A2A Bonanza V-Tail from ORBX (bought from there).
The C182 is purchased direct from A2A.
In installation of C182 it said, that the C182 must be installed into the existing ORBX-Folder !!!
Maybe this causes the problem.
It is possible to de-install the V-tail from ORBX and install the two planes direct from A2A-download. I own both direct from A2A.
Tomorrow I will try.
Winfried

jirmejahu
Airman

Post by jirmejahu »

jirmejahu wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 14:39
Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 11:08 Okay, thanks - let us know how you get on. It may just be one errant setting in FSUIPC which is why I'd recommend making sure all the "miscellaneous" ones are unticked.

Nick
The FSUIPC6-problem exists further on.
BUT, in past, I have installed the A2A Bonanza V-Tail from ORBX (bought from there).
The C182 is purchased direct from A2A.
In installation of C182 it said, that the C182 must be installed into the existing ORBX-Folder !!!
Maybe this causes the problem.
It is possible to de-install the V-tail from ORBX and install the two planes direct from A2A-download. I own both direct from A2A.
Tomorrow I will try.
Winfried
Hi Nick,
I de-installed the V-tail from ORBX and re-installed all my A2A-planes in the P3D\A2A-Folder.
C182-problem exists further on.
FSUIPC6 was updated to the newest edition 6.0.11
EZDOK V3 on or off doesn´t make a difference.

It was indeed a FSUIPC.ini problem.
DELETING FSUIPC.ini and starting the SIM new SOLVED the problem. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for your engagement, Nick.
Many greetings from Bavaria
Winfried

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”