turns with auto pilot engaged

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
guard2017a
Airman First Class

turns with auto pilot engaged

Post by guard2017a »

When flying IFR and auto pilot is engaged and when i get vectors for landing when i change the heading all the plane does is weave across the sky and never getting to the required heading. I dont know what is wrong or what I am doing wrong I switch from gps to nav and switch to heading but the plane still weaves all over the sky. Any suggestions will be appreciated

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: turns with auto pilot engaged

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Not too sure from your post which autopilot mode you're actually having trouble with: is it NAV mode or HDG mode?

Could you also let us know which host sim you're using, and whether you're able to maintain a framerate of at least 18 fps?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

hi i am using fsx and when i change heading i go from gps mode to heading mode .when i change the heading indicator the plane turns abit to the new heading then starts to weave all over the sky never making it to the required heading. i can maintain a framerate of 18fps +

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Could you share a screenshot showing exactly how you have the GPS and autopilot configured when you see this issue? It's a little hard to follow from your description exactly what's going on.

You can attach images using the "attachments" tab when you post, or by uploading to a file/image sharing site and posting a link.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”