New engine issues p3dv5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gridley
Airman

New engine issues p3dv5

Post by gridley »

I've been flying the fabulous 182 for a while now. I think I'm doing it right, but suddenly I have a pulsing amp meter and volt annunciator every few seconds. RPMs fluctuate at the same time. I've done the walk around, I did a complete overhaul... I uninstalled/reinstalled. Still happening. Not sure if it's related to the sim, or maybe a background program that's suddenly causing an issue. I also fly the 172, cherokee and comanche with no issues.

Here's what I'm seeing and this might not be a "by the book" video - just a quick and dirty to illustrate the issue.

https://youtu.be/QNfE7cPxp5o
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: New engine issues p3dv5

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's certainly an unusual issue Scott. Please can you let us know what other programs are running? For example, other P3D utilities or applications running in Windows. Particularly anything you installed recently that may coincide with the issue first presenting itself.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello, Just to adds to Nicks response;

anything in the maint hangar?

Also how is it if you start a brand new flight?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Nothing in the maintenance hanger - but I did the "complete overhaul" just in case and that was right before this recorded flight.

I usually run ASP3d, ASCA, VoxATC, but the issue is occurring without those running as well. I can't think of anything that I've installed recently outside of a few scenery updates and system updates (Win10 and nvidia driver). I run as little as possible in the background on the system outside of my keyboard/mouse software (steelseries engine).

I have done a fresh flight with a reboot, start p3dv5, load sim with default piper cub, switch to A2A C182 and depart with the same results.

One thing I noticed was that accu-feel stand-alone was enabled with this plane, and I'm not sure it should be. If I turn it off, nothing seems to change, but it does seem to re-enable itself automatically for some reason. Perhaps that's a conflict? It's not enabled with any of my other A2A planes, just 3rd party...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best,
sg
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the additional info. Yep, the Accu-Feel thing is bit strange if it's automatically reenabling itself. Please can you disable it completely for testing by un-ticking it in the list of P3D add-ons.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Thanks Nick - will try this later today or over the weekend. Damn day job!

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Hi all,
Interesting results here - so I first unchecked accu-feel with no change, then I decided to completely uninstall accu-feel. After that, here's what I found when loading the C182 clean/fresh from a new flight:
https://youtu.be/5-3tuwat9wk

After this, I decided to verify all of my A2A planes were working, so I checked Cherokee, comanche, C172, Texan, all fine, then finally the V35 bonanza - which was a train wreck:
https://youtu.be/MdqSb_EolvE

I uninstalled the V35 and again uninstalled the C182, reinstalled the C182 and fired up the sim.

The original issue seems to be gone. I can't swap props in the maintenance hanger without getting some flickering of the prop, but if I keep the triple blade, everything seems fine. I haven't yet had a chance to fly more than a few minutes so take that as is.

I have not yet reinstalled accu-feel.

Any thoughts on if the bonanza and C182 have any shared resources that might connect the two?

Otherwise, I'm stumped on what's going on. If there's any hidden appdata or registry entries that I can clear, I don't mind.

I actually have recently reinstalled the MilViz KA350i which installs both trueglass and another plugin that I can't recall right now. I'm happy to uninstall if you think that might be related.

Let me know your thoughts...I'm just hoping this is valuable for you. I'm sure once 5.1 releases I'll be doing a scratch install anyway.

I'll post back if I have a chance to fly any longer flights this eve or over the weekend.

Thanks for your help!
sg

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Scott - there are indeed shared files that all the Accu-Sim planes use, but the installation process is designed to make sure these aren't uninstalled unless all Accu-Sim planes are uninstalled.

One thing to check though - are you using the separate P3Dv5 installers here for your Accu-Sim fleet?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Hi Nick,
Yes, all P3Dv5 installers downloaded here from the A2A store. I think maybe I'll reinstall all fresh and see if I clean out the folders and just install the C182 fresh how it goes.

Best,
sg

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Hi Guys,
Quick update - I uninstalled my entire A2A fleet, deleted the A2A folder in P3Dv5 Addons, searched for and removed all A2A folders from %programdata% and %appdata% roaming. Ran a ccleaner registry fix and rebooted. Started P3Dv5 to ensure to references to A2A in addons which there wasn't. Reinstalled just the C182 and I see this:

The odd thing to me is that the prop swapping between the two- and three- blade version is occurring even in the hanger. It also looks like it's switching between a normal and damaged state for some reason.
https://youtu.be/s5XfzajZLdI

Any thoughts on what might be conflicting or if there's other hidden folders somewhere that store some aircraft settings, please let me know.

Thanks again for your help!

Best,
sg

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the added info Scott. The folder where Accu-Sim saves the persistent state of the 182 is "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182". Is this directory on your PC being synced by OneDrive at all, or any other software for that matter?

In any case, I'd recommend you try backing up and then deleting the contents of this folder in case any of the files have become corrupted.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Nick - A2A wrote: 25 Oct 2020, 16:15 Thanks for the added info Scott. The folder where Accu-Sim saves the persistent state of the 182 is "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182". Is this directory on your PC being synced by OneDrive at all, or any other software for that matter?

In any case, I'd recommend you try backing up and then deleting the contents of this folder in case any of the files have become corrupted.

Cheers,
Nick
That looks like it did the trick!!! I wiped out that folder, and prop looks normal and engine seems to be running smoothly. I'm going to try to take a quick flight later tonight and will confirm. Thanks all!

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Spoke too soon. Now it seems like the panel or whole plane is resetting periodically with an odd hissing sound like a decompression. I might be a "wipe and start over" scenario...just not sure how to troubleshoot this. I appreciate your time, but I don't want to waste it!

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Hi all,
After much uninstall/reinstall work, I've isolated this to a conflict with Milviz stand-alone WX Advantage radar for P3Dv5. I don't even have that gauge installed in the C182 panel, it just messes with the model and panel state somehow. Let me know if you want me to dig at all. I will report to Osh at Milviz as well.

Thanks for your help on this goose chase!

Best,
sg
Last edited by gridley on 28 Oct 2020, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Scott - you mentioning the Milviz WX Advantage Radar rung a bell actually, and it seems at least one other customer has experienced an issue provoked by this module. Afraid I'm not familiar with this product, but will try to remember this for future reference. Anyway, perhaps you could let us know if the guys at Milviz respond to your report.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”