C182 no sound in cockpit view

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ciba
Airman Basic

C182 no sound in cockpit view

Post by ciba »

I just got C182 for Prepar3Dv4. Looks great works great.
Except, when in cockpit view (not in VC) with the aerial view only I don't get the engine sound, or very, very muted even when turn volume to 100%. there is some clicking sound but it seems random. When I pane left or right and the side view of the VC kicks in also the engine sound comes up. But in a pure panning view of the cockpit (not VC) were the side views don't appear I don't get the engine sound. Something is missing in the panel. config or aircraft.config.
When flying or operating in VC with the gauges and inside cabin visible I get the engine sound and can turn it up or down. I feel that there is some error in the sound.config of the C182. This is the only plane in my hangar were this happens. I'm sure there is an easy way to solve the problem. Please somebody has to tell me how.
Thanks, Bernd

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 no sound in cockpit view

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bernd and welcome.

Like most modern P3D and FSX add-ons, the 182 doesn't include a 2-D cockpit but instead is designed to be flown from the virtual cockpit. Accu-Sim sounds are deliberately disabled in 2-D cockpit view. However, if you have your own hardware cockpit or similar which you use instead of the VC, you can follow the instructions in this topic to enable sounds in 2-D cockpit view.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ciba
Airman Basic

Post by ciba »

Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 01:39 Hello Bernd and welcome.

Like most modern P3D and FSX add-ons, the 182 doesn't include a 2-D cockpit but instead is designed to be flown from the virtual cockpit. Accu-Sim sounds are deliberately disabled in 2-D cockpit view. However, if you have your own hardware cockpit or similar which you use instead of the VC, you can follow the instructions in this topic to enable sounds in 2-D cockpit view.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick,
this was quick and perfect help. I now have sound with the full (2D) front view. For me it's much more "realistic" to have a panorama view out of the cockpit with the sound, like one enjoys the surrounding during the flight. A few "mini-gauges" created in the lower left corner give me the essential info without switching back to the VC. BTW, I'm using a 43" curved monitor, which gives an incredible view.

During the flights I realised that the VC captain view doesnt show the high wings when looking sideways, the view is sort of limited. If lowering the eyepoint too much brings the glareshield up too high.
I changed in the aircraft.cfg [views] the eyepoint to =-0.50, -0.75, 1.83 (original is -0.35, -0.85, 1.98). This gives me the view with the wing edges visible and glareshield low. For the Copilot VC view the [camera_definition 003], InitialXYz was altered to 0.50, 0.00, -0.20 from orig. 0.5, 0.04, -0.1 which also makes the wings visible for the copilot.

Again, enjoying the C182, lots to discover....
Thanks again,
Bernd

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad to hear you are up and flying Bernd, and yes the viewpoint given as with any aircraft is just the starting point, many pilots (and sim pilots) have there own preference and can move the seat up down, back forward as required as one does when you enter the cockpit in reality :)

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Bernd and thanks for the update. Please don't hesitate to drop us a line if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”