Missing some sounds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
martinB
Airman

Missing some sounds

Post by martinB »

Hello dears,

since today I am missing the sound of the trim-flap while preflight inspection in my Cessna 182 and also in Cessna 172 and Cherokee aswell. In Cessna 182 also the stall warning flap has no sound. Reloaded planes or restard p3d v4.5 as well. Nothing helps. Has anyone an idea to fix it?

Thanks,
kindly, Martin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Missing some sounds

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Martin,

Are other internal sounds playing as expected? For example, can you hear the engine and switch sounds when in the cockpit?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

martinB
Airman

Post by martinB »

Yes, every other sound works well.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Martin,

I'm not 100% clear about what you mean by "the sound of the trim-flap". Do you mean the sound effect that plays when you grab the flap and try to move it when its in the lowered position? If so, is it still moving a bit?

And for the stall warning vane, do you mean the sound of the stall horn or the sound of the tab itself rattling? Again, can you see the stall vane moving in response to clicking on its icon in the 'actions' section?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

martinB
Airman

Post by martinB »

Thanks Nick vor reply.
I mean the elevator trim flap, and yes, I can see it moving. And yes, I mean the stall warning flap on the wing. I can see it moving. I did'nt check wether the stall horn ist working.

Kindly,
Martin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Martin.

As a test, please can you try making a back up of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" folder and then delete it (even for P3Dv4, it's the FSX folder you need to delete). This will reset the 182's persistent status.

After doing this, please reload the aircraft in the sim, and check if the sound effects are still missing.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

martinB
Airman

Post by martinB »

Hi Nick, thank you for your suggestions, unfortunately they didn't help. I guess there must be a new installation. If so, do I have to uninstall first, or is it possible to reinstall it over the existant?

Regards,
Martin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Martin,

You'd need to uninstall and then reinstall. To be honest, I'd be a bit surprised if this fixed the issue, but you're welcome to try.

It's an odd situation you describe, as all the Accu-Sim sounds are encoded in one file. Do you hear other sounds during the walkaround such as the key moving in the baggage compartment lock and the wing flap security check?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

martinB
Airman

Post by martinB »

I uninstalled the C182 and reinstalled it but did not fix the problem. So I uninstalled all of my A2A panes and reinstalled them, now all is working fine.
Again many thanks for your help,
kindly, Martin

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”