Reality XP GTN 750

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Herman Klaver
Airman

Reality XP GTN 750

Post by Herman Klaver »

As simulator i have prepar3Dv4+Hotfix 1 +2
I just bought Reality XP GTN 750.for intergation in my A2A C182 skylane.
Via the airplane configurator i installed the Flight1 (reality XP) GTN 750.
When I started the C 182 ,the GTN 750 was visible in the panel of the plane but not working
The popup controler however was working normal.
How can J overcome this problem?

Herman Klaver

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reality XP GTN 750

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Herman,

Although the Aircraft Configurator for the P3Dv4 C182 doesn't include the RXP version of the 750 at present, it should be possible to get it to work.

First of all, use the A2A Aircraft Configurator to select the Flight1 GTN 750 option. Then, use the RealityXP "setup aircraft" tool to detect and replace the F1 gauge entries with RXP ones. This option is available from the P3D top menu, and should look something like this. Note that you need to select the "no bezel" option for the VC as shown.

A second, optional, step is required to enable the bezel buttons and rotary control. For more information on the end-user workaround which was developed, please refer to this post by 'BillS511' on RXP's support forum. RXP's forum on Avsim is a very useful source of info, and you can also check out the info in this post by Bill too.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Herman Klaver
Airman

Post by Herman Klaver »

Thanks a lot Nick
Reality XP is now working in my Cessna 182 Skylane
Herman Klaver

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good to hear Herman and thanks for the update.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cuevision
Airman First Class

Post by cuevision »

Hi Nick
I see your last post is from 2017. But I give it a try. You explained it nicely and the GTN750 screen is in a correct position and alive. However, I can not use the buttons like home and direct to. You can see that they are hit, but they do not work. I read a post from somebody who get it worked by going to the GTN settings (shift + rightclick mouse). And under advanced 'Use Simulator GPS Commands). But the knobs on the A2A are still not functioning.

Can you please assist? Thanks for it and a nice day

Best regards,
Ed

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

cuevision wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 13:32 Hi Nick
I see your last post is from 2017. But I give it a try. You explained it nicely and the GTN750 screen is in a correct position and alive. However, I can not use the buttons like home and direct to. You can see that they are hit, but they do not work. I read a post from somebody who get it worked by going to the GTN settings (shift + rightclick mouse). And under advanced 'Use Simulator GPS Commands). But the knobs on the A2A are still not functioning.

Can you please assist? Thanks for it and a nice day

Best regards,
Ed
Hi Ed,

You'll need to follow the procedure outlined in the post Nick referred below, to in order to get the bezel buttons working.
Nick - A2A wrote: 27 May 2020, 08:20 A second, optional, step is required to enable the bezel buttons and rotary control. For more information on the end-user workaround which was developed, please refer to this post by 'BillS511' on RXP's support forum. RXP's forum on Avsim is a very useful source of info, and you can also check out the info in this post by Bill too.
Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

cuevision
Airman First Class

Post by cuevision »

Thanks for your fast reply, Rob.

I will check it asap. Sounds good.

All the best!
Ed

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Cheers Ed, good luck with the project! It’s a bit of a pain but it does work.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”