Plane is unstable, moving left and right

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Passero
Airman

Plane is unstable, moving left and right

Post by Passero »

I just bought the 182 for P3D v5. I've used the 182 on FSX before so I have some familiarity with the product.

So far I only did a single flight but I noticed the plane was really unstable. So around every 10 seconds the plane jerked left and then a few seconds later right.
I checked the wind and it was just below 30 knots. Direction changed from almost tail wind to slightly more from the left.

What could cause this jerking and how can I make the flight smoother? Or is it just a matter of small plane battling the air?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Plane is unstable, moving left and right

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Passero,

Are you using the default weather in P3Dv 5, or do you have a third-party weather engine such as ActiveSky loaded? Also, are any other add-ons running such as camera apps (EzDok, ChasePlane etc)?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Passero
Airman

Post by Passero »

I do have Rex Skyforce 3D which injects weather into P3D.

I also have some Orbx libraries but that's about it... No other addons.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks. In that case, it's probably a good idea to check your SkyForce settings for something like a windshear/gust strength option. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the software, but this is likely to be what's causing the behaviour.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Passero
Airman

Post by Passero »

ok thx. Will check.

By the way... do you have some overview of known issues with popular addons? I remember that I had issues with FS Passanger and A2A planes in FSX as A2A uses it's own "simulation model" and FS Passenger couldn't read the correct plane parameters and caused issues.

Now perhaps Rex is caussing issues... Would be good to see an overview so we can be prepared...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Well, I don't necessarily think this is a compatibility issue, and chances are any small plane would have responded similarly in the weather you were flying through. If you're using live weather injection, there's always the risk of running into extreme conditions, or maybe just spurious data.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”