flaps go down, plane goes backwards prop destroyed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Steve Burney
Airman

Re: flaps go down, plane goes backwards prop destroyed

Post by Steve Burney »

Disabled FSUIPC, the flaps still go down, the plane goes backwards, and the 'Complete Overhaul' in the hangar fixes everything except the prop. If I reload the flight, all of the discrepancies in the hangar are immediately there again (leaks found near the supercharger, pretty bad prop strike, the crankshaft is done).

I don't know what significance it might have, but the PA 28-180 does the same thing, but the P-40 flies normally and can be completely repaired in the hangar after a crash.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Steve.

Please can you try these steps:
  1. Run the SimConnect installer here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi".
  2. Delete the contents of this folder "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182".
  3. If the problem still persists, delete your FSX.cfg file here "C:\Users\nickm\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg"; the sim will generate a fresh one.
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

Did all of that, no luck. What's next?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Steve, now you've deleted the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" folder, please can you go back into that folder after loading the 182 in FSX and verify which files are now present.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

The folder is empty. What's supposed to be in there?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

This folder is where the log.dat files which Accu-Sim uses to store the persistent state of the aircraft are stored. If they're not being generated, it generally indicates that something is preventing Accu-Sim from writing to your system.

Steve, if all the Accu-Sim aircraft on your system went from working okay to presenting this issue, can you recall what change(s) you made to your system? For example, any recent changes such as installing some new antivirus software or new utilities for FSX?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

The last change I recall making was adding the A2A P-40, which was around April or so. (But that doesn't necessarily mean that nothing else WAS changed, I just don't remember it). I don't remember if I was having the problem before that, or not.

On 5/21 you suggested that I backup the 182 folder and delete the original. In the backup folder is C182Slog.dat with a date modified of 5/19, and a few log.dat.bak files from 5/12 and earlier. Since I reported the problem, I think the only changes that have been made have been the ones you suggested, so I'm not sure why it would stop writing the file.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Steve - are you using any third-party antivirus suites?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

Yes, I use ESET, but I've had that for years, even longer than I've had A2A planes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Steve - at this stage, I think a full, clean reinstall of all your A2A aircraft is the best bet, in case something has become corrupted. Is it just the 182 and P-40 which you have installed?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

The 182, P40, and Cherokee 180. I'm game, though. What do I have to do to go out with the old & in with the new?

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

I was looking through my windows explorer and it just occurred to me that I was fooling around with Tileproxy a couple of months ago. I never could get it to work. Is there something in there that would conflict with A2A planes?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

Not sure about Tileproxy, but yeah, a clean reinstall is probably best if you're happy to give it a go.

Firstly uninstall in the usual way from the Windows list of installed programs, then manually remove any leftover folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P40

Also, for good measure remove the following folder, but back up if you wish to restore the 'state' of any current aircraft:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\A2A

Then restart your PC and reinstall with your existing installers (I recommend you do the P-40 first and 182 last) and when all aircraft are reinstalled, run the Accu-Sim update from here.

When you're doing this, I recommend you pause any antivirus live protection in case it tries to interfere with the update process. I'm not familiar with ESET, but I know some AV suites such as Bitdefender are really prone to false positives with software from non-mainstream developers.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

I did all of that, and now I can't find the A2A planes. Were they installed in the wrong place?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Did the installers automatically detect your FSX-SE installation path Steve? If not, which directory did you point them to?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”