Flight1 GTN 750

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
lrimoli
Airman Basic

Flight1 GTN 750

Post by lrimoli »

I cant seem to load the Flight1 GTN product into the 182. I have looked for tutorials on how to do this and I found this one on youtube from 2 yrs ago, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6RVE4Vx5g a quick 1 minute video that seemed very easy however, when I select the option to choose the GPS of choice I get an path error message that prevented me to load the GTN. Do you have any solutions to my problem?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight1 GTN 750

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello lrimoli and welcome.

Do you have the latest updates for the Flight1 GTN installed, and is it functioning as expected in other aircraft? Also, please can you let us know what the exact error message is that you're seeing when you run the Aircraft Configurator?

Depending on your system configuration, running the configurator with admin privileges may help. To do this, right click its shortcut in the Windows start menu and select "more" then "run as administrator"

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

lrimoli
Airman Basic

Post by lrimoli »

Hello and thank you for the reply.. I have all the latest updates. I am running FSX on a xforce computer running windows 10. i have tried other aircrafts and they dont work either. When I go into the c182 aircraft config from the start menu, i get the pop up that shows the GPS and Landing lights config. however after i select GPS then Flight1 for the aviaonics it gives me this error..

cant swap panel.ctg file. Access to the path C:\Program Files (x86) Microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator x\SimObjects\airplanes\A2A\Panel\panel.cfg" is denied

merlinux
Airman Basic

Post by merlinux »

The problem is that you have installed your flightsim inside "Program files (x86)" folder which is treated as a protected folder by Windows. To be able to change files in this folder you need extra permissions....
Try to run the flight1 installation and the c182 configurator as an administrator and see if that fix your problem.

And next time you install your simulator be it FSX or P3D install it outside of this folder (something like c:\\FSX) to avoid those kind of problems in the future.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Always run the configurator with Admin permission, or it won't work.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”