Erratic behavior of Cessna 182 and web pages

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
1franciscodep
Airman

Erratic behavior of Cessna 182 and web pages

Post by 1franciscodep »

For the past 8 days I noticed an irregular behavior on the A2A Cessna 182 very erratic response to input controls.
> Trying to access the Community and to A2A simulations web pages I encountered "Error 525 SSL handshake failed"]every time I tried the pages.
I removed the app and re installed in the same folder I had. After the install was successful I encountered the following: "Checking for update-Invalid or missing updates configuration file. The first line of the .INI file should be ";aiu;". the content of the server does not match the updates configuration file URL"
> > Running in Windows 10 pro; Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7980XE CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 18 Core(s), 36 Logical Processor(s); Installed Physical Memory (RAM) ; 48.0 GB; NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1080 TI
> Prepar3D v4.5
> Is the Error 525 a phishing page redirecting your URL?
> Thanks in advance for your help to solve these issues
Francisco

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Erratic behavior of Cessna 182 and web pages

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Francisco,

As you may have seen from various other forum posts, our website has been seeing very heavy levels of traffic since we made the Accu-Sim P-40 available as a free download a few days ago. This has caused the "Checking for update-Invalid or missing updates configuration file (...)" message you're seeing.

However, if you re-run the update tool, generally it should work. In the worst case, you made need to try a few times.

There's no need to worry about any phishing attack or similar though: it's purely a result of heavy traffic.

For the issue you mention with the "erratic response to input controls" it may be worth checking that your control mapping hasn't been messed up. DO you use any third-party software such as FSUIPC5 for this purpose?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”