Convert the FSX C-182 to P3D V4.5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nantucket
Airman

Convert the FSX C-182 to P3D V4.5

Post by nantucket »

I purchased the A2A C-182 way back on 2015-03-11 via SimMarket for FSX. I flew this aircraft extensively ( 400 hrs on the Hobbs!! ) while in FSX. I recently converted to P3D V4.5 and wanted to know if this aircraft can be converted to P3D or must I purchase the P3D version offered by A2A? This would be a great aircraft to add to my P3D hangar!! Your help will be appreciated!!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Convert the FSX C-182 to P3D V4.5

Post by Tomas Linnet »

You'll have to purchase the C182 again for P3D.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

ACE-9
Airman First Class

Post by ACE-9 »

Hi Tomas.

With regards the hours logged in FSX, is it possible to take them in to the new P3D installation by copying the original FSX dat files from >> C:\Users\{USER NAME}\Documents\A2A << and insert them in the new blank dat files folder after installation of the P3D version, thus the original service data and hours logged would be effectively retained? or indeed do the FSX / P3D share the same dat folder if they are installed on the same computer?

Hope you are keeping well my friend? :D
ATB
Roger

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi Roger

All good, I've just been working way too many hours for the couple of month...

I believe the .dat files can bu reused, but I'm not sure(I use FSX SE). It's better to start a new thread and let the :a2a: guys answer that.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

nantucket wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 11:49 I purchased the A2A C-182 way back on 2015-03-11 via SimMarket for FSX. I flew this aircraft extensively ( 400 hrs on the Hobbs!! ) while in FSX. I recently converted to P3D V4.5 and wanted to know if this aircraft can be converted to P3D or must I purchase the P3D version offered by A2A? This would be a great aircraft to add to my P3D hangar!! Your help will be appreciated!!
Hi nantucket,

Yes, as Tomas says if you're moving to P3Dv4, you'll need to repurchase the 182 for the new platform, there's no option to 'convert' licenses I'm afraid.

ACE-9 wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 02:47 With regards the hours logged in FSX, is it possible to take them in to the new P3D installation by copying the original FSX dat files from >> C:\Users\{USER NAME}\Documents\A2A << and insert them in the new blank dat files folder after installation of the P3D version, thus the original service data and hours logged would be effectively retained? or indeed do the FSX / P3D share the same dat folder if they are installed on the same computer?
Hi Roger,

Tomas is spot on again. :) The log.dat files from your FSX installation can indeed be used for the same aircraft in P3D; either on the same PC or on a different one. In the latter case, they should still be copied into the "FSX" folder for the aircraft in question (e.g. "Documents/A2A/FSX/Cessna182") overwriting the ones which are generated when you first launch the aircraft. The "P3D" folder in "Documents/A2A" is used only by the Input Configurator whilst FSX and P3D share the same folder for log.dat files as you say.

One thing to bear in mind is that both installations of the aircraft should be updated to the latest version to avoid any issues with backwards-compatibility of the log.dat files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ACE-9
Airman First Class

Post by ACE-9 »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 05:56 Hi Roger

All good, I've just been working way too many hours for the couple of month...

I believe the .dat files can bu reused, but I'm not sure(I use FSX SE). It's better to start a new thread and let the :a2a: guys answer that.
Hey Tomas, Fantastic, many thanks.

You need to slow down, lets make a date and fly the A2A Spit's around the Mach Loop in formation again -that was lots of fun.

Take Care
Rog
Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 11:52 Hi Roger,

Tomas is spot on again. :) The log.dat files from your FSX installation can indeed be used for the same aircraft in P3D; either on the same PC or on a different one. In the latter case, they should still be copied into the "FSX" folder for the aircraft in question (e.g. "Documents/A2A/FSX/Cessna182") overwriting the ones which are generated when you first launch the aircraft. The "P3D" folder in "Documents/A2A" is used only by the Input Configurator whilst FSX and P3D share the same folder for log.dat files as you say.

One thing to bear in mind is that both installations of the aircraft should be updated to the latest version to avoid any issues with backwards-compatibility of the log.dat files.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Perfect the exact instructions - Many thanks indeed, as always your help is very much appreciated.
BTW: - lovin my A2A collection, it grew again last week end: - Texan, Comanche, C182. :a2awhite: :D

All the very best
Rog
ATB
Roger

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”