I have many questions! lol!
I've already started digging into both the P3D documentation as well as the various xml files. The Ace editor you mentioned certainly isn't perfect for accessibility, but I can make it work for what I need.
Last night, I added a dialog to my software that allows you to type in fuel quantities for the fuel tanks on the Bonanza and it does work. I'll be adding oil quantity to that dialog today.
Additionally, I just purchased the Cherokee, since that's what a few of my users are asking for. I'll be working on that soon. It looks like it isn't all that different from the Bonanza for things like Fuel. From looking at the Linda module for it, it looks like I'll need to add keys for things like the primer. That shouldn't be hard though.
The next big task is going to be the payload and the hanger.
Any help you could provide around both of these would be awesome!
I'm thinking we don't need everything in the hanger. Maybe just the major repair buttons and possibly the compression test for interest sake.
For payload, adding and removing passengers/baggage, as well as reading back any weight/balance issues if that's possible.
One more thing. Can you think of any way of grabbing the text off gauges through some external means? I'm thinking of things like the Notes panel. My software already intercepts Simconnect message windows, so it can read things like ActiveSky and GSX menus.
I was just reading about how the PMDG aircraft interface with FSUIPC. That interface allows you to grab the entire contents of the CDU screens.
Could it be possible for the A2A aircraft to output text such as the notes page into an FSUIPC offset? This would need to be coordinated with Pete Dowson of course.
I do like challenges, that's one of the major reasons this project came about. I wanted to see how far I could get. As it turns out, pretty far!
People know I'm working on this and it's free, so it takes as long as it takes.
WE have a BVI (blind/visually impaired) Pilots discord server that a lot of us hang out on. I'll ask folks and see if there is anything else they're looking for.
Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests