Cessna 182 trim wheel issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bcote689
Airman First Class

Cessna 182 trim wheel issue

Post by bcote689 »

Thought I would seek some help, as I cannot seem to resolve the issue here. I seem to be the only one having this problem unfortunately.

Video demonstration ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7M2FBu ... e=youtu.be

Had not touched the simulator for two years, got it out this weekend.

- Tested that all the existing software was still working, i.e. p3d 4.1 with A2a180, active sky, chase plane, rex and orbx global base/vector/LC/etc ... all works good
- upgraded software, p3d 4.5, other add-ons,
- upgraded A2A180 last, through the new store. I had an issue uninstallating and had to use a variant of the trick shown in this thread viewtopic.php?t=64217
- trim wheel not working, shortly after being airborne trim wheel will automatically turn slowly but constantly to the end of the trim tab, therefore impossible/difficult to control plane

Troubleshooting done so far
- review of trim-related posts on A2a forum, no one seems to have this same problem
- checked fsuipc for confliciting key assignments, confirmed there were no KEYS section in the fsuipc.ini file (can provide copy of file upon request)
- updated fsuipc to latest version
- deleted elevator trim yoke assignment in the P3d key config (note that I use the Saitek pro flight yoke)
- used the A2A input configuration tool to map the yoke button to the trim
- tested the same flight with the default P3D mooney bravo, I used the mouse and the virtual cockpit switch to trim, no issue with this aircraft
- tested back and forth between the default Mooney Bravo and A2A180, that even without using the yoke button to trim (trimmed with the mouse and the virtual cockpit trim wheel) ... problem is reproducible and consistent only with A2A180

Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cessna 182 trim wheel issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please take FSUIPC out of the equation as if you don't run FSUIPC and the problem goes away you will know its a mapping issue in FSUIPC and can search there, else wise its the aircraft input configuration program and or P3D itself.

Also worth asking what is your Autopilot doing at this time?

What you are seeing is more than likely a key command in there system somewhere tied to the trim commanding the downwards trim.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bcote689
Airman First Class

Post by bcote689 »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

It seems like it may be a hardware problem. The signal from the yoke switch stays on even when switch is released.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh ok that sucks.

One down and dirty way to test is just try another button. Re-map to a different one and see what results you get just as a test.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”