Nose Wheel Steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
CraigDubya
Airman Basic

Nose Wheel Steering

Post by CraigDubya »

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the C182 nose wheel steering. I have absolutely no left or right steering with rudder controls, only slight steering under braking.

CraigDubya
Airman Basic

Re: Nose Wheel Steering

Post by CraigDubya »

So I think I'm using an old installer (dated 2017), I've uninstalled the aircraft and am waiting for my old orders to appear in my new account on the new store page (any idea how long that will take?)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Did you fill in the forms to transfer your account to the new one , useing your old/new/present emails , as per the posted links for doing so,
Also remember ALL the A2A staff where in the UK for a flightsim show , they have only recently got back , see A2A facebook on the show, it should only take a couple of days once lewis has the info, if you filled everything in correctly , also you can always fire lewis a PM.
The cessna nose wheel is steered by differential brakes not rudder peddles , and aircraft needs to be moving slowly first.
regards alan. 8)

CraigDubya
Airman Basic

Post by CraigDubya »

Hi, thanks for the info.

Yes, I filled out the form so will wait for the new installer.

I own both the p3d and fsx versions of the 182, and I've used it before. It's definitely not steering as it should, there should be around 11 degrees of steering with the rudder pedals and the rest obtained through differential braking and I'm getting only a slight deflection (2 to 3 degrees) no matter what I try.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Lewis has to manually process the store transfers and award customers their retrospective loyalty points, but it usually doesn't take too long.

Just to help understand the issue, please can you let us know exactly which version of P3D you have installed, and just confirm if P3Dv4 is the only sim in which you're seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

CraigDubya
Airman Basic

Post by CraigDubya »

Hi Nick,

Yes it's the only sim I'm seeing this issue.

Prepar3D version 4.5.12.30293

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I am all up to date with the order migrations as of the date of this post. If you haven't been migrated yet give us a yell here as its normally because the correct information wasnt submitted and you might need to dig through some old email addresses if you have used more than one etc, to help get you moved over.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CraigDubya
Airman Basic

Post by CraigDubya »

Thx Lewis,
Account migration complete, and I can confirm that the new installer has indeed fixed my original issue.

Also, loving the new rain effect! :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update CraigDubya and good to hear you're back in business. Lockheed Martin made a change to angular units in one of the early P3Dv4 subversions, hence the need for the latest update.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”