Click-drag-click bug

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Eseem
Airman

Click-drag-click bug

Post by Eseem »

In the 182, I have a weird bug that will put the Prop, Throttle, or Cowl Flap lever to a different setting, often max/min, if click-dragged followed within the next second or two by a mouse-click anywhere in the VC that is not a clickspot.

To be clear: Move either of them -> click a blank area like the floor or panel wall that does not have a clickspot -> Lever that was just moved will jump to a different position.
If I click either a trim wheel or the Mix before clicking anything else, the jump does not happen. However, I can recreate the same effect with the ignition key and fuel selector, however they merely jitter in place, they don't change position.

This is a bug I've lived with for a long time, through several versions if memory serves, and I thought I should finally bring it up here since I can't find any existing topics on it, and I recently asked a mate who also enjoys the 182 to check if the same happened with him, which he confirmed it did. I'm on P3D v4.4, he is on 4.5. The 182 is kept up to date. I have the F1 GTN plugin, but it also happened after completely uninstalling it and using the A2A configurator to set the panel to default.

I've recorded this example, unfortunately I wasn't able to make the mouse visible. Everytime something drag-moves then jumps/jitters, that's me clicking a blank spot after moving the object. If prop/throttle/cowl flap lever doesn't move after being moved, that's me clicking the pitch trim or mix before clickign anywhere else. https://youtu.be/Li7K2eFFGmM

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Click-drag-click bug

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Eseem,

Apologies for the slightly late reply - this one got overlooked while we were over at Flight Sim 2019 at RAF Cosford.

Yes, unfortunately Lockheed Martin introduced a change with version 4.4 of Prepar3D which caused this issue. Depending on future updates to the sim, we'll fix it if possible.

In the meantime, if you wish to use the mouse to move the vernier controls in the cockpit, you should be able to right click or click on another clickspot immediately afterwards to work around this issue.

Better still, map controls such as mixture and prop levers to hardware or keyboard buttons. I guess this is the method that most of us use for these controls, which is why the bug hasn't been noted very often.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”