Check magneto 1800 RPM [Fixed]

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Arthuro
Airman Basic

Check magneto 1800 RPM [Fixed]

Post by Arthuro »

Hello,
I have a problem with my C182, I can not keep my plane stopped when I want to test the Magnetos
at 1800 RPM.

Despite the parking brake or both feet on the brakes, the plane begins to roll. It's already very
complicated to bring it to 1500 RPM without it moving but then 1800 RPM is impossible.

What am I not doing properly to perform the magneto check at 1800 RPM.

I took the plane into the Hangar to do a general check but nothing change.
Do you have an idea of the problem.

Thanks
Arthuro
Last edited by Arthuro on 18 Sep 2019, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Check magneto 1800 RPM

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Arthuro - welcome to the A2A forums.

With the parking brake applied, a very small amount of 'creep' is to be expected and unfortunately this seems to be a bug within FSX/P3D.

However, the aircraft should only be moving a few centimetres in the time it takes to do the runup. Is it moving significantly more in your case?

If so, please can you start by letting us know which host sim you're using so that we can help to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Arthuro
Airman Basic

Post by Arthuro »

Hi Nick,
The plane moves a lot more than a few centimeters, I very slowly move the Throttle but despite that, the plane ended up moving several meters while I did not even reach 1500 RPM. In fact, after each check I am no longer on the parking lot but in the grass. It is currently impossible for me to have my plane stopped at 1800 RPM. Despite the brakes he rolls completely.

I found that my throttle is acting strangely, the first part of the course idle to Full, the engine responds very chaotic, with drops of power. (I do not know if it's part of the simulation) I have the impression that it is badly mapped on my plane. Would not that be part of my problem?

I'm on P3D v4.5 (Win10), with a saitek set (yoke, quadrant etc, managed by spadnext), my quadrant like the other Saitek products are calibrated.

have good day
Arthuro

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Have you checked in the hangar for worn brakes , this can cause creep during run up mag checks.
As for erratic engine , are your plugs ok , also make sure engine is up to temp , before any mag run up checks are done.
Also does your saitek throttle have any calibration software that allows you to see the throttle movement , to check if its smoothe or erratic , another thing that can cause erratic movement on saitek is dirty pots , if this is the case you need a good switch cleaner , and you will need to look for videos on how to gain access to the pots.
regards alan. 8)

Arthuro
Airman Basic

Post by Arthuro »

Hello Alan,
thank you for your help.

I finally found the cause of my problem. This is a mapping problem. Looking more closely at the management of the throttle by Spadnext, I realized that it was managed the controller for a plane with 4 engines. It is this excess engine although I only have one that causes extra power when I actuate the controller.

Now that Spadnext no longer handles my throttle, the plane has returned to normal operation and it's more fun and easy to manage.

thanks to you who took the time to read me and to answer me.

have nice day
Arthuro

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Check magneto 1800 RPM [Fixed]

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Interesting issue, and very strange indeed. Glad you got it sorted. Will have to try and remember this one of the future.

thanks and happy flying
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”