Skylane and RXP GNS

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Skylane and RXP GNS

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

I’ve had my Skylane setup with the dual RXP GNS setup for a while - I realize this isn’t an officially supported position but I wish it was...

I only just realized my GNS430W is not driving my OBS for Nav2...

I’m pretty familiar with swapping out RXP gauges in numerous aircraft - I believe I have all the settings set correctly - anyone else using this configuration and have it working for Nav2 ?

Also - unrelated to the RXP install - the GNS430W texture in the VC seems to be lacking the quality of the GNS530W - in addition it’s not lit for night operations as the GNS530W is - can someone take a look at this ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Re: Skylane and RXP GNS

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Forget the RXP part for NAV2 - it works now - I guess I just had to restart the sim for the change to take - normally they are dynamic...

So - how about some night lighting on the GNS430W ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Scott,

Once things have quietened down a bit behind the scenes, we'll look into updating third-party GPS compatibility wherever possible. Unfortunately, keeping the existing fleet updated so that it supports the various third-party GPS add-ons can be a bit of a Sisyphean task.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 14:56 Hi Scott,

Once things have quietened down a bit behind the scenes, we'll look into updating third-party GPS compatibility wherever possible. Unfortunately, keeping the existing fleet updated so that it supports the various third-party GPS add-ons can be a bit of a Sisyphean task.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I've always thought I've had a rather large vocabulary - you've managed to send me to the dictionary - nicely played - sir - nicely played...

Thanks for the response and that's much appreciated...

I should have listed a separate topic - but - please keep in mind the GNS430W mesh - lacks night lighting as well... That's unrelated to RXP...

Regards,
Scott

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”