182 Heading gone wild

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
BOB P
Airman

182 Heading gone wild

Post by BOB P »

Hi All, Why does my 182 go uncontrollably wild when I activate autopilot heading. Trimmed level flight, zero wind, zero turbulance hheading bug centered before activating heading. Roll is steady, no problem. This has been going on since day one. Reinstalled several times. All updates current. Do you have a sensible solution. I have purchased several of your products but this is just too much. All other a2a aircraft, no problem. Yes, you must have killed me at least eight times from the start with an uncontrollable spin and crash. Yes I turned off autopilot to try and save myself.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 182 Heading gone wild

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bob,

can you please give us as many details as possible, which 182 you are using from us, the setup you are using, controllers etc etc. The more information you give us the better and quicker we can help get you up and flying.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

Hello Lewis,
Thanks for the quick response.
About my gear: Win 7 Pro, ASUS Mother board, Intel Core I7-4820 CPU 3.70 GHz (8 CPUs); Memory 32768MB (Although FSX doesn't use nearly that much).Sound Blaster Z, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI, Three Samsung 24" Monitors. FPS can reach into the 60+ range depending.
Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System with two throttle Quadrants, Saitek TPM system, Thrustmaster Pedals. All systems are connected independently depending on the aircraft I am flying. All controls, buttons etc are set within FSX. I also have my settings in FSX set to realistic.
I usually take a one hour flight (just to keep in shape) from KPVD to KISP. ( I believe Scott has flown into MacArthur) In the real thing of course LOL.
Well, that's about it. If you need more info let me know.

Thanks Again, BOB P

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the additional info. A couple of other questions.

Have you run the latest Accu-Sim update available from here, since you last installed an A2A product?

When you engage the autopilot and select heading mode, how exactly do you do this? For example, do you use mouse clicks on the buttons in the virtual cockpit, or are using using some hardware or keyboard controls to engage the autopilot and select modes?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

P S I thought A2A only had one C 182 T Skylane.
First I center the heading bug using the setting knob with mouse clicks. Then I set the autopilot using mouse clicks.
BOB P

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

Hi Nick,
I'm no mastermind but I believe that there is a "Bug" in the software. How else would you explain that in roll mode I get a nice steady coordinated flight. Also I have no problems with your other aircraft that I have purchased from you. I hope you can prove me wrong.

BOB P

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for confirming the mouse click autopilot operation. But please can you answer the first question I asked too.

Have you run the latest Accu-Sim update available from here, since you last installed an A2A product?

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

Hi Nick, Yes I always keep my updates up to date as soon as they are released.
Thanks, Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bob.

Is the turn coordinator functioning properly in your installation of the 182? In other words, no red flag showing and is the aeroplane-shaped indicator tilting left or right as you make turns?

Also, what's your airspeed when you engage heading heading hold?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

Hello Mate,

No, no red flag. I know the flag your talking about. I have read and studied the factory manual for the KAP 140. The only red flag I have is for the I L S until I come within range of the frequency. All other instruments are working properly. My airspeed is 120 kts.I keep my fuel flow at 10 gals per hour.Not that that has anything to do with it. LOL
Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm - hard to see what the issue is at the moment in that case. Could you try taking a few screenshots showing the instrument panel when this happens and post them here? Or better still a short video clip? There are some instruction on how to share images here.

The fact that no-one else is reporting this issue suggests it's something specific to your installation. Have you checked that everything is showing as undamaged in the maintenance hangar? (Shift 7)

One other question: which aircraft loads in your default FSX flight? (i.e. spinning around on the 'Free Flight' screen when you first launch the sim?)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

Hi,
Yes I will try to make a video. I have uninstalled an installed several times. Doing the updates each time. I always go to the maintenance hanger before each flight. The default AirCreation Trike Ultralight. I am aware that problems can occur if the default Trike isn't shown on startup.

Thanks again, Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bob.

I'm afraid the repeated reinstalls won't do any help though. In fact, if you reinstalled after running the update I suggest you try the following:

Delete the following file...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna182\Update_fsx\client.wyc

...then run the current Accu-Sim update again.

However, something you could try to completely 'reset' your copy of the 182, is to delete the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" folder. You may wish to back it up beforehand, as you'll lose any airframe and engine hours.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, the video would be very helpful. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

Hi

Yes I have already done as you suggest each time. Just letting you know that I haven't forgotten about you. Still working on it. I'll get back to you.

Thanks, Bob

BOB P
Airman

Post by BOB P »

P.S. I may be on to something. I'll get back to you.

Bob

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”