No engine sound

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Steve Burney
Airman

No engine sound

Post by Steve Burney »

As in other posts, I have no engine sound in the Cockpit - View 00. I've made sure the speakers are the windows default, and in the task bar I've made sure that they're turned up. I've installed OpenAL, and I've looked at the shift-3 page. The only thing that I can see that doesn't look quite right is that the volume won't adjust. When I hover over it the tip says 'mix volume n/a'. I've tried the Cherokee, too, and get no sound from that one, either (except for wheels rolling).

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No engine sound

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

The A2A Skylane doesn't include a 2-D panel, and Accu-Sim sounds aren't played by default when using the 2-D cockpit ("Cockpit - View 00") view. However, if you wish to enable these sounds (for example, because you're building a hardware cockpit and don't want to use the virtual cockpit), please check out the info here.

If I've misunderstood your post, and you're actually using the "Virtual Cockpit - View 00", please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

You understood the question and nailed the answer. (I love the sound of the 182, by the way. You guys did a great job of replicating it.)

Thank you for the help.

Steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ah, good stuff and you're welcome Steve.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”