2nd DME source with RXP 530 Installed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
idrather3eflying
Airman

2nd DME source with RXP 530 Installed

Post by idrather3eflying »

Full disclosure, there is a very old post asking this same question, but the OP never got a response. I'm starting a new thread and providing a link to the old one. Not entirely sure what forum etiquette would call for, new post vs reply to old thread?

Is there any way to edit the radios provided with certain GPS installations? I am running the RXP 530, but this gets rid of the KN 62A. Fast forward to a localizer approach that uses a VOR for DME and the MAP. Using the GPS only in this instance gets a bit hairy (530 provides no DME readout in this instance as NAV 1 is tuned to the localizer). Adding the DME control head for use in remote mode would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old post:

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=43700&p=330565&hilit=dme#p330565
Pilot, sim addict. :a2awhite: Hangar: P-40, T-6, J3 Cub, C172, C182, PA-28-180, PA-24-250

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: 2nd DME source with RXP 530 Installed

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the post. Will have a look into this one, but please could you just confirm which host sim you're using?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

idrather3eflying
Airman

P3Dv4.5 and thanks!

If I may, I think there would be a lot of value added in the configuration utility if, instead of just the GPS selection, if you could essentially add/remove combinations of the available radios utilizing the remaining space after selecting the specific GPS layout.

Again, I know nothing of what that involves on the coding end, just nitpicking my favorite plane and trying to squeeze every ounce of training value from it! Thanks for all you folks do!
Pilot, sim addict. :a2awhite: Hangar: P-40, T-6, J3 Cub, C172, C182, PA-28-180, PA-24-250

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. As regards updates to the Aircraft Configurator, hopefully we can expand the options a bit in future. However, we do need to strike a balance between continuing to provide updates and new features for the older products such as the 182, and working on new ones.

The guys are beavering away behind the scenes on some of the models mentioned here, but we'll keep this one in mind for when things quieten down a bit.

Thanks again,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

idrather3eflying
Airman

Completely understand, and can’t wait to see those released! As someone with some Texan II time, I don’t think I have ever been more excited for an A2A product, or more caught off guard! Haha!

Thanks very much for the follow-up. In the interim, is there any easy .cfg wizardry that would swap the ADF for the DME unit? Especially since it looks like that’s what is loaded with every other GPS configuration?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

idrather3eflying wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 02:53 Thanks very much for the follow-up. In the interim, is there any easy .cfg wizardry that would swap the ADF for the DME unit? Especially since it looks like that’s what is loaded with every other GPS configuration?
You're welcome. I'm afraid the various avionics in the virtual cockpit can't be swapped around with simple .cfg edits though, as whether they're visible or not is encoded within the animation frames of the .MDL file itself.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”