GT530 support for install simfly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
savery
Airman Basic

GT530 support for install simfly

Post by savery »

I have the simfly GTN530 and was wondering if theres any install guides as the tech said "automatic support for 3rd party add ons" has anyone done this or I assume flight1 comes with an automatic installer right...

thoughts?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GT530 support for install simfly

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello savery - welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you just clarify exactly which which host simulator you're using and which third-party GPS product you own? Do you mean the Flight1 GNS 530?

Thanks,
Nick

savery
Airman Basic

Post by savery »

Whoops,

It’s the simflyer GNS530, it was only after I bought it I saw the check boxes for Flight1 etc, and wondered if there is a way for me to install this one?

If not, it’s only 15 bucks :)

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for clarifying. I'm afraid the SimFlyer GNS isn't supported but we do support integration of Flight1's own version of the GNS gauges as well as the RealityXP version. However, the exact versions supported will depend on whether you're using FSX or P3D.

Cheers,
Nick

savery
Airman Basic

Post by savery »

That’s unfortunate and I should of researched ahead of time and not assumed all 3rd party were supported :) I’m using fsx steam so what version. Of flight 1 would work?

Thanks, steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

If you're using FSX, the RealityXP version 1 of the GNS is the only one 'officially' supported. The Flight1 GTN package is supported too.

However, it should be possible to implement most of the features of either the newer RealityXP GNS/GTN or Flight1 GNS gauges too, with the help of the configurators supplied with these products. As you can see, the market for add-on GPS products is rather a crowded one, which is why we're not able to support all options.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”