Cowl Flaps Not Closing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Krassin
Airman Basic

Cowl Flaps Not Closing

Post by Krassin »

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with my cowl flaps, they won't close. I can move the handle in the virtual cockpit and the slider on the Shift+3 panel to the closed position, but as soon as I let go the flaps return to full open. I've bound a switch on my HOTAS to open and close cowl flaps, which works to a limited extent, but again as soon as I release it the flaps spring back open. I've searched high and low for a control conflict, checked all my hardware buttons and switches in FSUIPC to make sure only the ones I bound to cowl flaps are affecting the cowl flaps, deleted all the keyboard control bindings for cowl flaps in sim, just now reinstalled the entire aircraft, but the problem persists. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Cheers

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cowl Flaps Not Closing

Post by Tomas Linnet »

sounds like it ia a double control issue. Try to rename your FSUIPC.ini and then run FSX again. if the problem s gone, you have found the culprit
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cowl Flaps Not Closing

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Krassin,

Yes, Tomas is spot on. It sounds like there's a control conflict still lurking somewhere and if you temporarily disable FSUIPC (or restore it to default settings) it should indicate if FSUIPC is the culprit, or if the conflict lies within FSX/P3D itself, or elsewhere.

I also recommend you check for a cowl flap assignment in the "C182 Input Configurator" which is available from the Windows Start Menu under "A2A Simulations".

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”