C182 switch position not saved between flights

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Calypte
Airman

C182 switch position not saved between flights

Post by Calypte »

Hi,

I've always kept my beacon light on, never turning it off between flights so that beacon turned on when master switch was flipped. Recently I noticed that my C182 loads with beacon turned off. Other switches seem to be saved between flights, but not that one.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 switch position not saved between flights

Post by Nick - A2A »

Calypte,

Apologies, but I'm afraid a few posts have been lost in the recent forum switch over. I think the issue was ID'd but I've copied and pasted the original content below in case anyone else has a similar issue.
Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Calypte,

Just checked, and I'm not able to reproduce this issue. In my (P3Dv4) installation, the beacon switch remains on if the aircraft is left shut down with it in this position.

Which sim platform are you using and which aircraft loads with your default flight?

Thanks,
Nick
Calypte wrote:P3D v4. C182. I'll have to check other A2A aircraft.
Nick - A2A wrote:If you've saved the default scenario to load with the C182 Calypte, that may cause several issues.

We always recommend using a simple, default aircraft for the default flight to avoid initialisation issues.

Thanks,
Nick
Calypte wrote:It's a P3D default scenario - F-22 in Eglin.

Did some more tests. If I move camera fast enough I can see that 182 loads fine - beacon is on. Then Linda module loads and instantly beacon goes off.

I'll browse through Linda lua files and maybe there is something beacon related (I did not config this light to any button on my joystick).
Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks for the update Calypte. Good to hear that you've found the culprit.

Nick

Calypte
Airman

Post by Calypte »

Nick - I solved the problem :) At least partly. If it happens to anyone else - here's a solution:

File P3D\Modules\linda\libs\lib-fallback.lua calls:
ipc.writeUW("0D0C", 0)
(line 2076)

And this turns off all lights on aircraft whenever Linda module is reloaded. Later I noticed that it affects other aircraft too.

If it happens to anyone - deleting this line (or commenting it out with two dashes --ipc.writeUW("0D0C", 0)) solves the problem.

Thanks for responding :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks very much for the update and posting the solution Calypte.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”