Auto cold&dark seems not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Fly182
Airman

Auto cold&dark seems not working

Post by Fly182 »

Hi, firstly I want give you all my congratulations for your jobs! It's fantastic. I've just downloaded c182 for FSX (sp2), on Win10.

Everything seems ok, except auto C&D function. I'm sure it is on, but when i exit Fsx and come back again, the aircraft has some swithes on (pump, lights..). What's wrong?

Thanks

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Auto cold&dark seems not working

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi there,

How do you load into the flight? What’s your default flight? This might influence how the C182 loads. What i do is the following. My default flight is with the stock C172 that came with FSX. And in that’d flight I turned all the switches off. This is my default scenario. I never have issues with switches being on once I select the A2A C182.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Fly182
Airman

Post by Fly182 »

Thanks, I will try next

Fly182
Airman

Post by Fly182 »

Hi, still not working. I made the default C172 as default flight in c&d state, but when I load C182 I still have some switches on.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Fly182 - thanks for the kind words. :)

If you haven't already done so, please can you download and install the latest Accu-Sim update for FSX which is available here.

If this doesn't help, please can you let us know exactly which switches are remaining in the 'on' position when the auto cold and dark state is selected? Also, do you have any hardware devices assigned to these particular switches?

And finally, do you use any other control software such as FSUIPC?

Thanks,
Nick

Fly182
Airman

Post by Fly182 »

Hi Nick, thanks. I updated but nothing changed. It's always fuel pump switch, sometimes beacon, nav and strobes. I don't have any hardware controlling them and yes I have Fsuipc but free (not registered).. so i cannot assign any control through it.

Alex

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Alex,

Please can you try shutting down the 182 manually and making sure these switches are all in the 'off' position before exiting the sim, and then check if they still revert back to 'on' next time you load the 182?

I wonder if you could also do some testing with FSUIPC deactivated? Just move the FSUIPC5.DLL to a different folder temporarily before you load the sim to do this.

Nick

Fly182
Airman

Post by Fly182 »

Hi Nick, i tried with some success. Everything is off now except wing ties. Even with Fsuipc module in. However about ties is not so important

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Alex.

As regards the tie-downs, it's worth bearing in mind that this animation is linked to the parking brake being on in P3D. By default any toe-brake application will release the parking brake, so it's possible that slightly noisy brake axes could be removing the tie-downs/chocks as soon as the 182 loads in the simulator.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”