Mushiness, slow to react

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Fabio7371
Airman

Mushiness, slow to react

Post by Fabio7371 »

The c182 is modeled beautifully in and out. Occasionally, the after disconnecting the AP the controls lag, the you're turning right or left have difficulty, but it does not happen all of the time. I have the chance products yoke and rudder pedals. I will check to make sure the flaps, ailerons, etc are ok and the report is that the c182 is in perfect shape.

How can I troubleshoot the problem. Suggestions?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Mushiness, slow to react

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Fabio,

The first thing I'd suggest is checking your in-sim FPS when this happens.

Also, if you can give us a bit more info on your sim platform (FSX or P3D version?) it'll be easier to offer advice.

Thanks,
Nick

Fabio7371
Airman

Post by Fabio7371 »

I use a relative stock version of FSX Steam. i7 3.4 GHz processor with 8GB of memory, but not a super fast GPU Radeon HD 6670.

I can get 25 FPS. I do use Orbx with the SoCal scenery where my fps could reach 15 fps at times.

I normally fly in SoCal, so if the fps was an issue the aircraft would consistently behave poorly, but sometimes it flies like a dream and modeled well and when it does not, it feels like something is broken and really lags. the biggest issue is the ailerons don't react as they normally do.

I hope this helps.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the extra info. I think it may be possible that the low FPS you describe is affecting the custom autopilot / flight modelling. Maybe when you next experience this issue, you could make a note of the FPS you're getting at the time.

Also, have you installed the latest Accu-Sim update? It's available here.

Cheers,
Nick

Fabio7371
Airman

Post by Fabio7371 »

OK Thank you. I will make a note. It is your theory that transitioning from Autopilot to off and hand flying which is when I experience the weird response is causing the problem? when the autopilot is on every thing is fine and the C182 flies true.

When there is awful FPS like when I raise the settings you can see the lag and delay of the entire Sim. What I see is a delay from control inputs to the plane. The scenery appears to be running fine although when I am fighting the plane is hard to tell.

I have the latest Accu-Sim update dated 10/12/17, but thank you for suggesting that.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”