Windows 10 - FSX SE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Windows 10 - FSX SE

Post by MACHAVIA »

Can A2A Management advise if Cessna Skylane AccUsim version will work with the above platform IE Windows 10/ FSX SE, I was going to purchase but see nothing in any review or addition info which says it works with FSX SE I only see it being OK for FSX X fs 2004
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Re: Windows 10 - FSX SE

Post by renaissanceman »

MACHAVIA wrote:Can A2A Management advise if Cessna Skylane AccUsim version will work with the above platform IE Windows 10/ FSX SE, I was going to purchase but see nothing in any review or addition info which says it works with FSX SE I only see it being OK for FSX X fs 2004
Hi Machavia,

I'm not A2A Management but I have the C182 Skylane working fine in Win 10/FSX SE. It is a great add-on that I think you will enjoy.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info, I just wondered why the A2A Store is not promoting the suitability for Windows 10/ FSX SE, would i be right to say it will work with my version FSX SE which was a download from the steam store.

I appreciate your comment Jim, I am very new to the Flt Sim world and only got involved as I am recovering from a knee replacement.

Kind Regards
Charlie McEwan (Leicestershire UK)
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

I'm also not part of A2A, but can reassure you that the Skylane will work just fine with the Steam edition of FSX (I use FSX-SE too). Issues can sometimes occur if customers have also had a the disk version of FSX installed on the same machine, but these can generally be resolved.

Welcome to there community and to FSX, and I hope you're making a good recovery from your operation.

Cheers,
Nick (Rutland, UK - though currently on a small boat in the North Sea!)

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,
Hope you have fair weather?, thanks for your reply much appreciated, would like to 'pick your brains" on a load of similar related stuff about Add On's etc etc if you would not mind perhaps when you are not in the North Sea!.

I am a real "newbie" so hope my questions not to stupid!

Charlie
Loughborough
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The weather's fine out here thanks Charlie - even some sunshine! :) Of course I'll try to help with any questions if I can. The community here is very friendly and will usually jump in. The 'pilot's lounge' forums is probably the best place to start with more general questions.

All the best,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

OK Great , Thanks.

1/ Would you have any recommendations for Add On Scenery that is copyable with FSX SE, I have purchased various from the steam store, however I watched a review of the A2A Cessna Skylane and the scenery at East Midlands Airport was stunning! It was from Orbyx but I see that that MFG software may not be easily configured to work with FSX SE, SO ANY recommendations appreciated.

2/ Do you run your set up with Virus Protection and Windows Firewall enabled? I have avast Premium on but I disable it when running FSX SE not sure that is the thing to do?.

3/ Do you have Direct 10 /9 enabled in the FSX SE menu page?, what is that?

4/ I have GEX Europe, Rex4 Textures, Rex Essentials and AS16, do these all work together or should I only run a specific programme with FSX SE?.

Any help from the forum members equally appreciated?.

Thanks
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Nicks a bit of an Oracle and I blame his work for meaning he can spend so much time on the forums lol.

The FSX and FSX SE is essentially a none issue now, as they work for both and FSX tends to be more for FSX SP2/Acceleration/Steam, edition as all being the same thing.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

MACHAVIA wrote: 1/ Would you have any recommendations for Add On Scenery that is copyable with FSX SE, I have purchased various from the steam store, however I watched a review of the A2A Cessna Skylane and the scenery at East Midlands Airport was stunning! It was from Orbyx but I see that that MFG software may not be easily configured to work with FSX SE, SO ANY recommendations appreciated.
Orbx is compatible with steam edition, you will be all good to go no problem. Orbx have forums etc too and worth a browse and look, they have a large catalog of products.
MACHAVIA wrote: 2/ Do you run your set up with Virus Protection and Windows Firewall enabled? I have avast Premium on but I disable it when running FSX SE not sure that is the thing to do?.
You should be good to go again, with it left on, just be mindful that sometimes some copy protection some products use might need a click ok to allow type of thing, but these are becoming fewer these days.
MACHAVIA wrote: 3/ Do you have Direct 10 /9 enabled in the FSX SE menu page?, what is that?
Direct X is the graphic aspect of your sim. Many FSX users use Dx10 mode but in association with the stevesDx10 fixer add on which fixes the dx10 mode for FSX. Generally it adds great stuff like better bloom and shadows in the cockpit which sounds little but really can add so so so so much to the immersion in the simulator.
MACHAVIA wrote: 4/ I have GEX Europe, Rex4 Textures, Rex Essentials and AS16, do these all work together or should I only run a specific program with FSX SE?.
Not sure as I only personally own Active Sky, but I dont think your GEX stuff will be compatible with the whole orbx stuff. I'd suggest a google for that though and asking around the comunity as it miht only be the case of Orbx FTX Global and a GEX texture set.

Hope that helps a little

thanks,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Lewis - A2A wrote:[...] I blame his work for meaning he can spend so much time on the forums lol.
Yup - I must admit the forums are a welcome distraction when I'm stuck on board for days on end with nothing very exciting to do. :)

Just to tag onto Lewis's comments...
MACHAVIA wrote:1/ Would you have any recommendations for Add On Scenery that is copyable with FSX SE, I have purchased various from the steam store, however I watched a review of the A2A Cessna Skylane and the scenery at East Midlands Airport was stunning! It was from Orbyx but I see that that MFG software may not be easily configured to work with FSX SE, SO ANY recommendations appreciated.
Yeah, the Orbx sceneries are probably the most popular scenery add-ons for FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Charlie. Their EU England scenery includes some enhanced scenery for EGNX (as it does with most airfields within the scenery area) but I don't think they make a 'high detail' add-on for East Mids. However, I can recommend the EU England scenery even without it. I spent a week flying out of East Mids with these guys in January, and the Orbx scenery isn't bad.
MACHAVIA wrote:3/ Do you have Direct 10 /9 enabled in the FSX SE menu page?, what is that?
Definitely stick with DX9 unless you use the DX10 Scenery Fixer as mentioned by Lewis. Using DX10 mode without this (reasonably priced) tool can cause problems.

Cheers,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Thank you one and all for the assistance
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

glad to help, never be afraid to ask for help and hints and tips on our forums.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”