Annunciator/Lvar problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cat3508
Airman First Class

Annunciator/Lvar problem

Post by Cat3508 »

Having trouble getting the annunciator to switch to test, using an Lvar. I found a complete list of all the relevant ones dating back to Dec 2014, which states the following.
39=L:AnnunciatorPanelTestSwitch=SET
40=L:AnnPanelTestSwitchPercent=SET
41=L:AnnPanelTestSwitchDrag=SET
I can get my toggle switch to change from day to night and visa/versa, but no matter which Lvar I use it will not change to Test. Any Lvar/Macro gurus out there with an explanation, of how to fix this?
Cheers,

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Annunciator/Lvar problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Neil,

Apologies for the slow response, but work has kept me away from home for a few days.

Anyway, I just checked this one out using A2A's L:Var guide for the Cessna 182. This document includes the following entry...
Annunciator panel:

Test switch-(L:AnnunciatorPanelTestSwitch,enum)(0 = Test; 1 = Dim; 2 = Bright), Test is spring loaded
I briefly put this to the test and it appears that those parameter values are mixed up a bit: the L:Var actually needs to be SET to 2 to trigger test mode.

Therefore the L:Var parameter should work as follows...

L:AnnunciatorPanelTestSwitch,enum (0 = Night, 1 = Day, 2 = Test and is spring loaded to return to 1)

Hope that helps! :wink:
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi Nick,

Sincere apologies for not replying earlier. Thanks for your explanation, but as I'm not exactly up to scratch concerning Lvars, I am not sure how to add what you have written, in to the Macro.

By that I mean, where do I put the numbers 0,1 & 2. and what do I actually write into the Macro file.

In my ignorance I have written L:AnnunciatorPanelTestSwitch,enum(0=Night,1=Day,2=Test), but it does not show up in the Buttons and Drop down list in FSUIPC. Therefore, I am obviously doing something completely wrong :oops:

Hope you can help,

Cheers,

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Actually, the existing line in your macro file was fine Neil...

39=L:AnnunciatorPanelTestSwitch=SET

...the ",enum" bit is just the way it's expressed in the A2A documentation. What you'll need to do is use the FSUIPC "buttons + switches" page to put the appropriate number (0, 1 or 2) in the "parameter" box for this L:Var for each position of your switch. So if you've got a three position switch, when it's in the middle position you'd want to enter 1 (day) for the parameter value. When it's in its down position, place 0 (night) in the parameter box instead. When the switch is in its up position, place 2 in the box and you should be able to activate the test mode.

The test mode assignment is a bit different in that after you set the L:Var to 2, it'll return to 1 itself after a short period. This I think is to mimic the switch in the real aircraft which is presumably spring-loaded so it doesn't remain in the test position. (I guess you'll just have to remember not to leave your actual hardware switch in the top position to represent this.)

Depending on your hardware, a bit of experimentation may be called for and sometimes the INC and DEC actions are more convenient to use than SET. (These will increase and decrease the parameter from its existing value, rather than setting it.)

Hope that makes sense! :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for your help in sorting out my problem. Have finally got it working after all this time :) , its been bugging me for a fair while. Have ended up using a rotary switch, which gives me 3 distinct button indications, not as good as a toggle switch, but it will suffice. I have an 0n/0n/0n toggle switch, which unfortunately only gives me 2 indications with FSUIPC as the 3rd position doesn't actuate as a 3rd , but remains as the 2nd no matter which way I wire it. This sounds a bit convoluted, but I cant explain it any other way.

Cheers,

Neil

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Neil - glad you've got it working now. :) Not sure what to suggest about the unresponsive third position on the toggle switch you describe, but sometimes the "control sent when button released" facility in FSUIPC can give you a bit of extra functionality.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

CamAir
Airman

Post by CamAir »

Hi,
I have been trying to solve this for a very long time. Below the hardware, steps and present results:

AEROPLANE: A2A C172/182
HARDWARE: Saitek TPM (switches)
SOFTWARE: SpadneXt (registered version)
COMMANDS:
  • Switch DOWN
    Set ANNUNCIATORPANELTESTSWITCH (LVAR) to 0
    Switch UP
    Set ANNUNCIATORPANELTESTSWITCH (LVAR) to 1
    Delay execution for 1000 ms.
    Increment ANNUNCIATORPANELTESTSWITCH (LVAR) by 1 **
This work but not fully as I would like it. Firstly, the L LOWFUEL R lights appears randomly and secondly, only for a split second. To resolve the obvious failure I have assigned a separate push button from one of the Throttle Quadrants to mimic the "third" position of the test switch , not perfect though!

If only someone could figure out a way to execute the "Increment" shown above **, followed by a hold for xxx milliseconds condition :!: . If this were to be done, it will mimic the pressing of the push button in the TQ.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”