Bugs/Problems with my new baby

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Sazoga
Airman First Class

Bugs/Problems with my new baby

Post by Sazoga »

Hey guys!

After my first flight, I made a little video for YouTube, but I had several bugs and problems with the C182T.

First of all, here's the (german) video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6HDf-mIBs

I think you can see, what my problems are:

1. The (parking) brake bug returns, like in the C172. If the parking brake is set, the airplane shouldn't move anymore, but it's moving. You can see it, when you're looking at the bottom surface. Even with idle throttle (800-1000RPM) [37:22 in the video] and of course with 1800RPM during the magneto check [44:50 in the video]. Magneto check? That's my next problem!

2. I just flew one traffic pattern, so 0,4hrs were displayed in the hangar. But when I reached the holding point and did the magneto check, the right magneto failed [44:05 in the video]. That was my major problem, I tried to fix it with mixture and RPM leaning, but yeah, I think she's broken D:

3. As you can see in the video, the graphic is flashing in the video [1:02:09 in the video]. I think that was a DxTory/ENB bug, because I don't remember to have seen that in my FSX. It's only in the video I think.

4. With the Cold and Dark mode over Shift+F3, the Fuel Selector Valve switches to the off position. But the securing airplane checklist says: "Fuel Selector Valve: LEFT or RIGHT to prevent cross feeding."

But otherwise, it's an great airplane! Thanks :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bugs/Problems with my new baby

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sazoga - actually I've noticed some odd behaviour when carrying out the mag. checks once or twice with a brand new aeroplane. There has been a fairly significant drop in RPM but subsequent visit to the maintenance hangar seems to indicate that the magnetos are okay. I've not been able to reproduce this behaviour, and wonder if some other aspect of Accu-Sim (e.g. plug fouling) was at work.
Sazoga wrote:As you can see in the video, the graphic is flashing in the video [1:02:09 in the video].
Looks like you were using the towing feature at this point in the video. There's some more discussion of this issue in this thread.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Sazoga wrote: After my first flight, I made a little video for YouTube, but I had several bugs and problems with the C182T.

First of all, here's the (german) video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6HDf-mIBs

1. The (parking) brake bug returns, like in the C172. If the parking brake is set, the airplane shouldn't move anymore, but it's moving. You can see it, when you're looking at the bottom surface. Even with idle throttle (800-1000RPM) [37:22 in the video] and of course with 1800RPM during the magneto check [44:50 in the video]. Magneto check? That's my next problem!
The parking brake creeping is a FSX/P3D bug and has nothing to do with the model. It is always present.
Sazoga wrote:2. I just flew one traffic pattern, so 0,4hrs were displayed in the hangar. But when I reached the holding point and did the magneto check, the right magneto failed [44:05 in the video]. That was my major problem, I tried to fix it with mixture and RPM leaning, but yeah, I think she's broken D:
Remeber: with AccuSim damage can happen after mistreating OR just randomly - as in real life :lol:
Sazoga wrote:3. As you can see in the video, the graphic is flashing in the video [1:02:09 in the video]. I think that was a DxTory/ENB bug, because I don't remember to have seen that in my FSX. It's only in the video I think.
There are several graphical issues reported, however mostly related to specific hard-/software combos. Whenever something substantial shows up that can be resolved it will be resolved. But of course we need strong evidence to a specific reason.
Sazoga wrote:4. With the Cold and Dark mode over Shift+F3, the Fuel Selector Valve switches to the off position. But the securing airplane checklist says: "Fuel Selector Valve: LEFT or RIGHT to prevent cross feeding."
This is not directly a bug :lol: We have discussed this during beta and came to the conclusion that OFF is also valid position e.g. when the A/C would have visited maintenance. Inorder to not needing to decide whether we want LEFT or RIGHT, we decided to leave it in OFF position. There's no harm done because it is covered by normal checklist work. If forgotten then it's on the safe side: the engine won't start ... :D
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Post by Sazoga »

Thanks!

Should I run the engine in idle now with only 600RPM to prevent that moving even with parking brake? Especially on IVAO/VATSIM it's not very good, when you're doing your mag check at the holding point and then you're on the runway :D

Good to know, but there was nothing failed in hangar, right magneto was green and everything else was okay :/ Then I want a new C182! So if there's a magneto fail like in my video, what should you do then (when there's nothing reported in your hangar)?

Mhm, the easiest solution would be not to use the towing feature anymore.

Roger, then I'll turn it to OFF after leaving the airplane! :)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

A mag check should take about 1 minute. I wouldn't get so close to the hold short line that creeping up a couple of inches moves you onto the runway.

Also do not idle below 800 or you will foul the plugs.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Post by Sazoga »

Thank you.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

I wonder a bit about the magneto thingy. My guess is that some plugs were completely fouled and thus the mag-check revealed a large RPM drop like a faulty magneto. However that should have been indicated in the Maintenance Hangar by a red "Spark Plugs" across the engine cowling. The plugs would have been cleaned by clicking it. I must also admit that this message could easily be overlooked as the red color is not too prominent. Nevertheless here are 3 suggestions to avoid this in the future:

- change the plugs to the "fine-wire" type, they may last a bit less than the massive, but are less prone to fouling
- never idle below 800 RPM as already suggested
- lean the mixture during taxiing and ground ops. Leaning to approx. 60-70% is appropriate and also heavily recommended IRL. For Run-up and when cleared to line-up select full rich - unless you are on a high altitude arport - but that's another story... 8)

Hope that helps :lol:
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Post by Sazoga »

No failures in maintenance hangar as usual, and I'm doing everything right. Now the RPM dropped on left magneto to 1100RPM. I just flew three traffic patterns, after that nothing reported in my hangar. To be sure: Complete overhaul, I think my airplane is really broken :/ After the traffic patterns, everything was ok. I hope that she's not ill tomorrow..

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

How is the pre-flight walk around and the loadings? Also are you flicking the maint hanger up or also checking the engine itself, checking for flooding and taking appropriate steps to rectify.

Also I'd double check your FSX/P3D settings are set to the requirements stated int he manual for correct use.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

You might also want to try switching to the fine wire plugs, they are much more resistant to fouling. Then if your mag check problems go away, you know it was likely fouling and can try the massive plugs again and update your techniques to keep them "clean."

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Post by Sazoga »

Preflight/Walkarround: Everything is okay, even in the maintenance hangar. No fouled plugs and no broken or destroyed magnetos, general condition beautiful shape/like new. But my spark plugs were massive, so I'm trying it this afternoon with fine wire spark plugs.

Loadings: 1xPilot (50kg) + Baggage (15kg), L/R full fuel, Oil also full

FSX settings: Everything is at easy (fully left), I think I found the reason for the magneto fail D:

Thanks, checking it after school.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes please make sure your settings are set as stated in the manual

thanks,
Lewis

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Post by Sazoga »

Fine wire spark plugs, right settings and a brand-new C182 (reinstalled): Everything's fine now, thank you! It's an great airplane, when it's (probably she's) running, thank you A2A.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, just remember those settings. If in doubt check the front of the manual.

cheers and happy flying,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”