GTN 750 power on

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ardix
Airman

GTN 750 power on

Post by ardix »

I have a little question about GTN gauges operation. As far as I know, there is not a power on/off switch on this unit.
When I switch on the master BAT in the C182, then the GTN will power on as well. Is this correct? I don't have real world experience with this unit, but I thought it would be better to link the unit with the avionic bus only (so BAT ON -> GTN OFF; BAT ON and AVIONIC MASTER ON -> GTN ON).

What do you think?

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Re: GTN 750 power on

Post by Tigerclaw »

Flight1 modelled it so it came on when you switched the Battery on, and turned off when you switched the battery off.

I've noticed it turns on as Flight1 predicted, but mine still stays on when the battery is turned off. Maybe just my FSX though, as the Beacon and Nav lights stay on too.
Last edited by Tigerclaw on 15 Nov 2014, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Tigerclaw wrote: Maybe just my FSX though, as the Beacon and Nav lights stay on too.
This is an occasional FSX glitch. If you then switch the aircraft to default C172, you'll notice that you can't turn off the battery nor avionics either.
Michael Krawczyk

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

ardix wrote:I have a little question about GTN gauges operation. As far as I know, there is not a power on/off switch on this unit.
When I switch on the master BAT in the C182, then the GTN will power on as well. Is this correct? I don't have real world experience with this unit, but I thought it would be better to link the unit with the avionic bus only (so BAT ON -> GTN OFF; BAT ON and AVIONIC MASTER ON -> GTN ON).

What do you think?
Yes, that's not correct as the GTN is tied to the avionics bus. I've started a thread in the Flight1 forum on this.

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”