How to charge dead battery?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Kalnon
Airman First Class

How to charge dead battery?

Post by Kalnon »

I just bought this plane so I'm still learning to fly it. I killed the battery and I don't see any way to recharge it. Starting a new flight doesn't help, it's still dead. I would greatly appreciate any help, I'm stuck, thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: How to charge dead battery?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Kalnon,

You can charge or swap the battery and perform various other functions using the maintenance hangar (Shift 7). The manual for the 182 is available via the 'A2A Simulations' folder in the Windows start menu.

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy getting up and flying with the Skylane.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kalnon
Airman First Class

Post by Kalnon »

Thank you. I didn't notice that before. So far I am really loving this plane. The textures look awesome both inside and Accu Sim makes it so much fun to fly.

I do have another issue though that I'm confused about. I purchased this plane from simshack.net and in the plane's description, it says it includes both the FSX and P3D versions of the plane but the installer only wants me to install the plane in FSX. Even the name of the installer is called Accu-Sim_Skylane_FSX.exe so my question is, how do I install teh P3D version? On the website, it only offers me the one installer. Can I just run the installer again and point the installation directory to P3D?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The Simshack page asks you to choose which Simulator you are buying for. Based on the pricing I assume it is not the FSX+P3D package, it's one or the other.
https://www.simshack.net/products/cessn ... sx-p3d-906

Compare Simshack's pricing to A2A's own online store, where one of the options is an FSX+P3D bundle:
https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu ... ylane-p3d/

And A2A's "FSX Only" product:
https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu ... ylane-fsx/
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Kalnon
Airman First Class

Post by Kalnon »

I bought the one in the first link you provided. In it, it says this "Microsoft Flight Simulator X including Steam Edition and Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5" It says compatible with both FSX and P3D. And I do not recall it asking me which version of the plane I wanted when I purchased it. The way the description reads is that it's both versions of the plane.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

That first link has a drop down that says

Flight Simulator Package: [then you choose between FSX, P3D, and P3D Professional]

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I agree that the product compatibility description is horribly and confusingly written. It's like the classic "Let's eat, Grandma!" vs. "Let's eat Grandma!" punctuation lesson.

If SimShack will refund you, you could get the bundled version at the A2A Online Store for a small savings. Or, you can wait and hope for a 50% off sale here maybe around Christmas/New Years Day -- you'd be able to pick up the P3D version and still come out ahead in the long run.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Kalnon
Airman First Class

Post by Kalnon »

Lol I like that analogy. I think I will just wait for the Christmas sales. That's what I did last year when I bought the Constellation and the Stratocruiser. This is the first A2A plane that I paid full price for. I still use FSX a lot because of all of the Orbx scenery and REX textures and weather in addition to my many aircraft so I will still fly this plane a lot.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”