Nav Data

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
elsmoko
Airman Basic

Nav Data

Post by elsmoko »

Just bought the 182. Is there nav data for this aircraft ? If yes, where is it located on my Win 7 PC? I use data from Navigraph.
Thank you,
Ken Boardman
"For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know." –Unknown

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Nav Data

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ken,

By default, the 182 uses the default GPS gauge in FSX/P3D in which case the sim's own nav data is used. This can be updated, for example using https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html.

I don't believe that the Navigraph Navdata Center app is currently able to update the nav data within P3D or FSX, but it seems this may be a planned feature. From their website: "FMS Data Manager is used to update addons for the other simulators including X-Plane, Prepar3D and FSX. Eventually the Navdata Center app will be used to update these platforms too."

Alternatively, customers who own RealityXP or Flight1 GPS gauges (GNS and/or GTN) can install these in the 182 using the aircraft configurator. The exact models supported by the configurator will depend on the host sim being used. These are all based on Garmin's trainer, which includes its own, standalone navigation database.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

elsmoko
Airman Basic

Re: Nav Data

Post by elsmoko »

Thank you for the fast and helpful reply Nick. I've discovered that the 182 offers some very nice default Nav
instrument / display options which will be more than good, for me.
Best regards,
Ken
"For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know." –Unknown

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”